HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

abdominal pain 4 weeks out abdominal pain 4 weeks out

Unread 10-19-2012, 10:37 AM
abdominal pain 4 weeks out

Hi sisters! I have had a pretty good recovery so far. I hit 4 weeks post op yesterday. The problem is now, is that for the past few days, I have had a dull achy pain on my right side-lower stomach. I have been doing alot of walking around, more than usual...but not lifting or anything I am not supposed to. It's unusual too because for the most part I haven't had much pain since my surgery. This pain is very sharp when I push gently on the top of my stomach...it's like it's right under the skin. The right side is the only ovary they left in, everything else came out because of the amount of endo. Any one else experience any of that? Also- when are we ok to vacuum? I tried calling the dr, but they are out for the weekend. Thanks!!! Hope you are all healing well!!! =)

PS- it really hurts when I stand and stretch- like raise my hands above my head to elongate my abdominal area. If that makes sense. Also if I sit up to quickly or stand and stretch out that side, it's like a muscle cramp that bends me back over...
Unread 10-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Re: abdominal pain 4 weeks out

Sounds like you might be expecting a tad too much from your body at this point. You will get twinges or tenderness for quite a while yet. I remember getting the same pains when I stretched or when I poked my tummy. You have a lot of healing left to do. Maybe you need to know that, without any major complications, we are about 40% healed at six weeks, 80% at six months and it takes a full year for us to get back to 100%. So give it time and your body will heal.
Unread 10-19-2012, 01:43 PM
abdominal pain 4 weeks out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danni3ll3 View Post
Sounds like you might be expecting a tad too much from your body at this point. You will get twinges or tenderness for quite a while yet. I remember getting the same pains when I stretched or when I poked my tummy. You have a lot of healing left to do. Maybe you need to know that, without any major complications, we are about 40% healed at six weeks, 80% at six months and it takes a full year for us to get back to 100%. So give it time and your body will heal.
Ok, thanks. It's so hard to know what is healing pain, and what is not. I am impatient with recovery, but wish i had ahand book that said exactly what is normal! Lol. Thank goodness for this site.
Unread 10-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Re: abdominal pain 4 weeks out

I also have that kind of pain but onu left side. It came weeks after surgery and is now gone. Im goin on 7 weeks. I think every week theres a different pain that comes and goes. Muscle pain, nerve pain etc. and everytime I go on this site, a sister is alwyas there to help! take it easy, easy said than done i know. I get impatient too and tend to over do things then it backfires...let your body heal.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.