HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Granulation Tissue? seen on CT scan Granulation Tissue? seen on CT scan

Unread 10-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Granulation Tissue? seen on CT scan

Hi everyone,
So glad I can ask questions here and share my fears...it is a HUGE comfort to me.
I recently had a CT scan to check my lymph nodes before starting chemo/rad treatment for invasive adenocarcinoma cervix (did not have a radical hysterectomy so the lymph nodes were never checked) I got great news that the lymph nodes came back clear (YAHOO!) but unfortunately, some "extra tissue" was seen on the vaginal cuff area.
So now I am being referred to a surgeon/oncologist to check it out. My radiation oncologist is not too concerned as she did a thorough pelvic exam and did not feel anything.
She is suspecting maybe granulation tissue or inflammation in that area from my recent hysterectomy.
Does anyone have any experience with this...did anyone had anything show up on the CT scan in that area that was benign? Of course, I am freaking out and wish this was all over. I am ready to start the chemo/rad and get the treatment going.
Thanks for any advice and please cross your fingers for me that everything goes well with the surgeon.
Unread 10-23-2012, 08:27 AM
Re: Granulation Tissue? seen on CT scan

Hi (((Sweetie,)))

I am sorry you are worried and really do not have any specific or personal information re this issue but know that granulation tissue does form in that area. I also beleive it is a very good sign that the radiation oncologist is not too concerned especially after doing the pelvic exam. My gyn/onc always told me that the best way to catch a reoccurence, at least of endomtetrial cancer, is the internal exam and I assumed this included "feeling" any possible tumor, etc.

I hope someone comes along wth first hand personal experience. I will keep for you and also am sending many positive vibes your way.

"
Unread 10-24-2012, 08:59 PM

Hi Peggie Sue,
Thank you so much for your kind words, encouragement and positive vibes! I got the best news ever...it turned out to be just extra tissue left over from the hysterectomy...NOT cancer! I am sooo happy and relieved!
Now I start my chemo and radiation on Monday and I am ready to get healthy!
Thanks again!
xoxo
Unread 10-25-2012, 05:59 AM

(((freckleface)))

yes! May your follow-up treatments wipe out any possible stray nasties and still be very gentle on you. Pls ask any questions re radiation or chemo as we have many here who have gone through both with great success.

I will be keeping you and your docs in prayer too. Pls keep us posted.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.