HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Rectocele,Sigmoidocele, Perinal Descent - please help me! Rectocele,Sigmoidocele, Perinal Descent - please help me!

Unread 12-05-2012, 03:28 PM
Re: Rectocele,Sigmoidocele, Perinal Descent - please help me!

I would not let this surgeon operate on me. I would take my CT reports and defecography report and find a good colon-rectal surgeon.

Some of the options available to you may be difficult surgeries with no guarantee they will relieve your symptoms. But at least you might have the options explained. You have several things going on in there. Maybe a good surgeon could help identify which problem is giving you the most trouble and could address that.

As for the perineal descent, there actually is a procedure some urogyns use, but I doubt it is widely available. It is called a sacral colpoperineopexy or sacrocolpoperineopexy. It is similar to a sacral colpipexy but instead of just attaching the top of the vaginal vault to the sacrum, they run material down the vagina and then attach that material to the sacrum, thereby "pulling up" the entire vagina in an attempt to relieve the descent of the perineum.

You have a complicated case and really need an expert surgeon. The Cleveland Clinic would not be a bad place to start.
Unread 03-07-2013, 04:43 PM
Wink - Rectocele,Sigmoidocele, Perinal Descent - please help me! Re: Rectocele,Sigmoidocele, Perinal Descent - please help me!

Hi, have you found any relief???

I am 8 months post hyst with a surgeon who made me feel like my constipation was all in my head. I knew it wasn't. I have had 2 defecographies and am now being seen by a new Doctor. Turns out, its not in my head. I have a prolapsed sigmoid, a sigmoidocele, perineal descent and another rectocele. I have been struggling with constipation because of my Doctors negligence. I am looking at a sigmoid resection. Message me and we can chat, I'm also 29.
Unread 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM

DJP29
I am 12 weeks postop after a pelvic reconstruction and I do have relief from pain and pressure. Now I still have some symptoms after working a long shift on my feet or the day after intercourse but nothing like before. I will tell you my recovery was miserable. I am just now feeling like myself again.
Hope you find someone to help you.
Sweet pea 74
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:00 PM

Glad ur feeling better! Thats awesome! What did ey do for your sigmoidocele?
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:21 PM

I had a supracervical sacral colpopexy and enterocele repair. My surgeon told me he tightened and lifted everything he could in my bottom without making it to hard to go to the bathroom. He does these kind of reconstructions a lot. He fixes women from all over the country who unfortunately have gotten the wrong procedures done by other surgeons.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.