HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Our Hysterectomy Stories > Laparoscopic Hysterectomy Stories

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

LSH - with diVinci ovary removal 4 years later LSH - with diVinci ovary removal 4 years later

Unread 12-02-2012, 08:22 PM
Thumbs up - LSH - with diVinci ovary removal 4 years later LSH - with diVinci ovary removal 4 years later

My story begins at a young age. I never had regular cycles and always had excessive bleeding. My mom, and every other female relative on her side, had a hysterectomy by the age of 30. I knew my days were numbered. My son was born at age 22, and my daughter at 28. After my son, my cycles were worse than ever. For the 2 years leading up to my pregnancy with my daughter, I would bleed for 3 weeks and have 1 week off. After my daughter was born the bleeding did not stop. 6 weeks after delivery, I had an uterine ablation, that did nothing for me. I went back to my old doctor and we decided and LSH was right for me. We could not take my ovaries because of age, the hospital would not sign off on it. I had to have 3 doctors agree on the LSH as it was. The surgery went well but, they found a lot of endometriosis. They could not touch it --hospital rules. So for the last four years I have had it growing inside of me. The pain had become so unbearable that something had to be done. Like many other Americans, I found myself without insurance. So, I finally purchased insurance to have surgery. I am one week post op from the diVinci procedure to remove my ovaries, tubes and endometriosis. I am happy with my choice and hope to finally be free of pain and bleeding.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.