HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hyster Sisters Extras and Add-Ons > In Search of Info/Support for .....

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Watery discharge ammonia-like smell Watery discharge ammonia-like smell

Unread 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Watery discharge ammonia-like smell

I found this website in my quest for answers. It occurs on my period. I've had it for almost a year now. It's definitely NOT urine. It's watery, no color and smells like ammonia. It doesn't occur every month either. I have bloating a back pain often. I've not been checked for endometriosis, but had a pelvic ultra sound about a year before it started occurring.
I have a thyroid autoimmune disease too.
I've had a few episodes of severe pain in the area if my female organs. I once went to the hospital with it and they said it could have been a cyst, but couldn't prove it. My white blood cell count was high too.
I've never had children and have a myriad of symptoms that are not related to my autoimmune disease. I also have symptoms of PCOS, but I weigh 113 lb. and I know weight gain is more common with it.
I am worried that my doctor will also not worry or know what the cause of this what seems like toxic discharge.
Unread 12-05-2012, 09:46 PM
Re: Anyone else have watery discharge ammonia - like smell

I started having that happen too. Thought it was urine too. It didn't happen every month. I thought it was an incontinence issue and never brought it to the attention of my doctor. It was only after my complex hyperplasia with atypia diagnosis that I thought it might be related. I realized it soaked a tampon. I mentioned it to my gyn recently and he said it was related to my biopsy in October. Which doesn't account for the fact it started before then. It has been constant since then, however. Don't notice it as much this week since I'm dealing with Aunt Flo. I'd love to know what it's all about.
Unread 12-05-2012, 11:36 PM
Watery discharge ammonia-like smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethdarcy View Post
I started having that happen too. Thought it was urine too. It didn't happen every month. I thought it was an incontinence issue and never brought it to the attention of my doctor. It was only after my complex hyperplasia with atypia diagnosis that I thought it might be related. I realized it soaked a tampon. I mentioned it to my gyn recently and he said it was related to my biopsy in October. Which doesn't account for the fact it started before then. It has been constant since then, however. Don't notice it as much this week since I'm dealing with Aunt Flo. I'd love to know what it's all about.
I won't get too far in to my history and experiences with doctors, but they often jump to conclusions and assumptions, which have little to no basis. I once had a PA tell me that my blood pressure dropped when I stood up because I was "thin." I have dizzy spells when standing and finally found out that it was due to weak adrenals.
I had to order my own labwork because they weren't running the right tests on me and kept telling me that nothing was wrong with me. My body and brain knew otherwise. I basically found the diagnosis myself, then found a doctor, who actually cares and is not lab obsessed, and he doesn't feed me one-liners to appease me when I inquire about a problem with my health. I just hope my gyno will work with me on this issue and tries to find real answers with me. It's better to work as a team. I started my period at 10 and I'm 30, without kids, and have had problems with my menstrual cycle off and on during my life, but this year has been the worst. In addition to my thyroid diseas, I also have low estrogen, Adrenal Fatigue (and yes it's real, don't let doctors tell you otherwise), and low DHEA. I have no idea if I can even get pregnant and I'm too sick now to try with my hubby.
So these days, I listen to my body and intuition more than I listen to doctors because I went through years of listening to doctors, who were all wrong.
If you know this discharge is not normal and the answers you get from them seem fishy, keep searching. The body is complicated and they will never know the answers to all questions, so they feed us lines.
In addition to the watery discharge with the blood today, I've felt like I have a bug or virus too. I've had these symptoms before, but I basically get nauseous, dizzy, headache, and feel dehydrated. It also makes my stomach a bit sour. It judt feels like my body is trying to fight something. I had so much discharge today, I was able to show my husband because it soaked clear through my leggings! It looks like sweat or like I peed my pants. There's more if the discharge then water.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.