HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

cant fight my virus cold cant fight my virus cold

Unread 12-12-2012, 08:52 AM
cant fight my virus cold

anyone else there that is in the same boat like me that seem to cant shake there cold virus this year since having a hysterectomy? and if so what is everyone taking to try to boost your immune system? going on 3 weeks so sick so not fun for the holiday season on another note with being sick has any developed a prolapsed from coughing? can that happen when you are sick? abit worried thats all but it could be nothing too. I know I been getting reacurring uti lately dont know why. anyways any good advice and or tips will be greatly appreciated.
Unread 12-12-2012, 04:37 PM
Re: cant fight my virus cold

I can SO relate to this! I came down with bronchitis about 1-1/2 to 2 weeks after my TLH on 9/25, then developed sinus problem/infection, and I'm STILL coughing. I've had 2 chest x-rays and 3 antibiotics! I've had bronchitis before and know that the cough can last a very long time, but this is getting ridiculous. It's getting better by little bits at a time but is driving me nuts! Called the doc again a couple weeks ago and she says the cough is the last thing to go and to just hang in there! HA! May be calling here again soon 'cause now one of my ears is popping! Sigh.... Hopefully the coughing hasn't hurt anything. Neither my GYN (who did the surgery) or my regular doc seemed too concerned about it so I haven't been either. I'm still sore off and on but I don't think that's too unusual.

Anyway, sorry to ramble. I'm just frustrated, too. Hope you're feeling better soon!
Unread 12-12-2012, 05:54 PM

I hope to feel better soon too. just got back from the clinic as last nite had another bad asthma attack now i am on predisone and a strong antibiotic. I just want a new body for christmas, so fatigue from coughing and being this sick
Unread 12-12-2012, 06:55 PM

I'm fighting a nasty sinus infection, so I feel for you girls dealing with the nasty coughs, god when I sneeze I feel like I'm going to cry lol
Unread 12-12-2012, 07:32 PM

I seem to be fighting off a cold too. As soon as I was cleared to after surgery, I doubled up on Vitamin C, and it seems to be helping. I only doubled up thinking it would help with healing. The rest of the family has come down with terrible colds though. I hope I keep dodging that bullet. I take 1000 in the morning, and 1000 before bedtime. Good luck Sisters!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.