HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Endometriosis Support

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Violet Petal Study? Violet Petal Study?

Unread 12-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Violet Petal Study?

Ironically a week or two back to after my surgery, on my way home from work I heard the first commercial I have ever heard about Endomitriosis on the radio. The Violet Petal Study, and now I am curious if anyone is thinking of doing it?
Unread 12-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Re: Violet Petal Study?

I looked into it. It is the same company that makes the Lupron shot. What they are trying to do, is get Lupron in pill form, and the patient would have to take a pill daily.
Unread 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM

I called on it myself as well. FYI though if you any complications from any type of birth control pill, do not complete the study. I suffered a stroke from birth control, they said it could happen again during the study.
Unread 12-28-2012, 08:03 PM

I am a participant in this study. Moving forward to the meds has been put on hold though. Before you can begin the meds, you have to go thru some tests. Last round was a pap, endometrial biopsy and ultrasound all done on the same day. The first two came back ok, but my u/s shows my uterine lining to be 16mm in thickness only a few days after my period ended. So now in order to be able to continue in the trial, I have to undergo a hysteroscopy.
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:51 PM

Hi missaboo, just wondering how things went/are going with the study. Just completed the initial screening and am thinking of moving forward. Thanks!
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:49 PM

Hello. I began the VP study in October. It's a double blind placebo study, so you don't know if you are getting the actual drug they are testing (it's called Elagolix) or a placebo. I am currently waiting on test results to come back to determine if I'm accepted to begin the actual medication or enter the follow up period. It's been a long past few months. Some times I am completely pain free, and other times, I feel as though I am unable to get off the sofa. We'll see what happens next.
Unread 10-12-2013, 09:49 PM

I have been on the VP study for six months and I can't say enough about how wonderful it has been for me. I no longer have to endure going to the emergency room for pain management or surgery to remove the pockets of fluid in my bowels or miss any more holiday festivals because I can't get out of bed or move.

However, you have to give 7 vials of blood every month, undergo testing and daily diaries... At my 6 month biopsy they couldn't collect a large enough sample because my wall is so thin... They had to go in a second time and scrapped at my uterus as much as possible to get enough of a sample.... Ouch.

The unfortunate part of getting on the study is you have to have severe symptoms and it has to be very debilitating . So if you are interested in trying it, be honest about the true level of pain you experience. Don't down play your symptoms.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway