TVH Scared, when is increased bleeding too much bleeding? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared, when is increased bleeding too much bleeding? Scared, when is increased bleeding too much bleeding?

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:28 AM
Scared, when is increased bleeding too much bleeding?

Ok I over did it yesterday. (5days postop). I sat on my bed Indian style and wrapped 8 presents. I think the leaning forward to cut wrapping paper was a bad idea. I am 6 days postop TVH with A&P repair.
Today I have more bleeding than any other day. Bright red. When is more too much? I have anxiety and I am scared. My doctors office is closed today. Ugh!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:33 AM
Re: Scared, when is increased bleeding too much bleeding?

I was told at discharge that too much is when you soak a pad in an hour. Take it easier today.
Unread 12-24-2012, 11:50 AM

Ok here is my plan. I cleaned off really good, put on a new pad, set timer for one hour and now I am laying flat on back. Going to listen to relaxation tape because I am freaking out. Recheck pad in one hour and then call for on call doc if necessary.
Does that sound good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2012, 11:55 AM

Sounds very good- a perfectly reasoned approach to determining whether or not there is a crisis.

If there's seriously increased pain, though, or fever, please call even if there's not a scary amount of bleeding.
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:24 PM

No fever. I am having a little more pain but I have not been taking as much pain meds. So now I am starting all over. I am going back to what I was doing when I left the hospital. Let me say I. Am now following my doctors orders.
Unread 12-24-2012, 12:33 PM

Yeah, I believe you- I got cocky last week and ran a normal days' errands, paid dearly and have followed instructions to the letter since.
Unread 12-24-2012, 02:23 PM

I am such a hypocrit! My advice to someone the other day was to take meds as directed.... It is so easy to forget. I have now set my alarm.
I am glad I feel so good. It just makes laying in bed a very hard thing to do.
I wish I had a real computer with a keyboard to type my story. All I have is an IPad and it takes forever with this touch screen. That's why my messages are typically so short.
Unread 12-24-2012, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxoverthishyst View Post
I am such a hypocrit! My advice to someone the other day was to take meds as directed.... It is so easy to forget.
Bahaha Anxoverthishyst! I think that was advice you gave to me! I know you are right though.....so much harder to follow our own advice! I work in healthcare yet am such a terrible patient!
Unread 12-24-2012, 04:41 PM

I had the exact thing happen to me!!! It was about the same amount of time from my surgery....started bleeding A LOT more and it smelled bad. My Dr happen to call me that night. She told me if it got worse to come in. It got better. I laid in bed the WHOLE next day.
I was worried because I thought my bleeding was finished. I walked 3 houses down the day before and sat in the recliner and watched 2 movies. Apparently that was a little too much.
Just try to relax and take it super easy. Hope it stops soon for you. It's soooo not fun to have to deal with extra bleeding on top of everything else we're going through!
Unread 12-24-2012, 05:08 PM

You want tone very careful with A & P repair. You do not want to ruin those. Those repairs usually has more restrictions. So let some else do it or gift bags. It's not worth it.

Bright red bleeding is sometimes an indication of too much too soon. Please be careful. The hour rule is the judgement to use whether to go to the ER. But bright red can mean take it down a notch. No more bending.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register