HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

failed cystocele repair failed cystocele repair

Unread 01-31-2013, 06:16 PM
Question - failed cystocele repair failed cystocele repair

I am so discouraged. I had hysterectomy, cystocele, rectocele repair 7 months ago, and I just noticed my bladder prolapse is back! I was in shock! I followed my doctor's post-op orders: no lifting, pushing, pulling etc, but got back to doing my regular activities at 3-4 mos post op. I stand on my feet in a sales related job so I'm not sure if this has contributed. Has anyone else had this happen, and if so, is it hopeless or can more surgery correct it?
Unread 01-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Re: failed cystocele repair

Have you seen your doctor yet?
Unread 02-01-2013, 09:35 AM

Did you have the mesh or did he just pin it up?
Unread 02-03-2013, 02:08 PM

I also had hysterctomy, cystocele, and rectocele repair 4 months ago and my bladder has also prolapsed again and the rectocele as well. I am also very discouarged. I saw my doctor this past week and he does not recommend additional surgery at this time as they both are a grade 2 prolapse. I had the traditional burch procedure but my ligaments and tissues are just not strong enough. My urogynecologist wanted to use mesh for repairs but I was opposed to it but now if I have another surgery I will definitely need to reconsider using mesh. Has anyone had success with mesh for these repairs? I read alot of negatives about mesh and not so many positive outcomes. But with the traditional repair I had that didn't work for me.
Unread 02-03-2013, 05:19 PM

I just had the mesh done with a cycotele and rectocele. My doctor used the Mesh but it was abdominal mesh not transvaginal mesh. He came highly recommended from my gyn he is at USF and I was told people come from all over th counrty to go to him. I am jsut 17 days po-op I go for my first po-op appt tomorrow. I too am a little nervous but his success rate with this surgery is 95%. So i am hopeful. Good Luck!
Unread 02-03-2013, 06:38 PM
Smile - failed cystocele repair Re: failed cystocele repair

When I saw my urogynecologist and he confirmed my reoccurence of the cystocele and rectocele he mentioned that when I have another surgery he can use the abdominal mesh instead of the transvaginal mesh. So I appreciate your response. Best of luck with your post-op appointment tomorrow. How was your recovery?
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM

Hello. Yes, I am another one with a failed cystocele repair, original surgery was November 2011 with a couple of other procedures, they are holding, it was April 2012 when I was totally shocked by the dreaded bulge! I am waiting for a re-vision surgery with nhs uk, the procedure is supposed to take place within 16 weeks, I am in the last few weeks of the waiting period, so will have to be patient until the end of this month. Please update on how you all are getting along with mesh, it scares me, but I want a strong repair, so have made an informed decision about its use. Keep well everyone, x C
Unread 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM

I also had a cystoele repair in 2011. Last Aug the same symptoms appeared and by Dec., I have pressure and my bladder has fallen, again. I had the repair, one ovary removed and that was it. After months of trying to get back on the insurance ( military ), I finally got to see my Dr. last month to get a referral on the 11 of Feb. I have no idea what will come of this but I will keep you posted. I have severe back pain, nausea, constipation and a lot of sleepless night. All this stems from previous surgery.
Unread 03-16-2013, 06:26 PM
Smile - failed cystocele repair Re: failed cystocele repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyladi7 View Post
I just had the mesh done with a cycotele and rectocele. My doctor used the Mesh but it was abdominal mesh not transvaginal mesh. He came highly recommended from my gyn he is at USF and I was told people come from all over th counrty to go to him. I am jsut 17 days po-op I go for my first po-op appt tomorrow. I too am a little nervous but his success rate with this surgery is 95%. So i am hopeful. Good Luck!
Hi foxyladi7....I was wondering how you are doing after you had the abdominal mesh for your cystocele and rectocele? Any complications? I had a tvh and rectocele and cystocele repair using stitches and my rectocele and cystocele failed 4 months post-op. I spoke with my urogynecologist and he said if I have another surgery he could use abdominal mesh so I am very interested in how you are doing.
Unread 03-16-2013, 10:25 PM

HI. So sorry to hear you are having this problem.

So far I am doing great it has been two months, and I feek pretty much back to normal. I had sex with my husband and I had no problems. SO I am keeping my fingers crossed that this lasts. Where do you live, I highly recommend my Doctor he is at USF in Tampa his name is <>.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.