HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues > Mesh Erosion Support

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

mesh removal surgery 3 weeks post op mesh removal surgery 3 weeks post op

Unread 02-04-2013, 08:42 PM
mesh removal surgery 3 weeks post op

Hi;
I am 3 weeks post op from A/P mesh removal surgery. My doctor said this was one of the hardest removals he had done. I had to have a porcine graft placed on the posterior wall of the rectum due to a large rectocele. This graft will eventually reabsorb into the wall.
What I'm wondering is how long does the spotting and pain last? I'm still taking pain meds but only once or twice a day. I just have no energy.
I am lucky I don't have to go back to work, I can't imagine sitting or standing for any length of time without being able to lay back in my recliner or laying down.
Does anyone have any feedback on this?

Thank you !
Unread 04-09-2013, 03:34 PM
Re: mesh removal surgery 3 weeks post op

Hello,

Where did you have your surgery done? And what kind of graft was that? Natural ? Or mesh?

I hope you will be fine soon.

I am recovering from Mesh Removal 2 weeks ago. UCLA.

Suffering, I feel like my pelvic has a chain link fence thru it.

Teri
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:04 AM

I think porcine is pig so not mesh.

I am scared of my upcoming rectal repair. Ok, I admitted it.
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:27 PM

Hi there,
Oh wow, please do not feel alone!! I am about two weeks out from my third mesh removal, this time with a partial vaginectomy. I feel horrible, no appetite, bowels are in misery, still taking pain meds ......would rather just lay in bed most of the day.....
I think it just takes time to heal, and sometimes it's longer than we think it should be(at least for me that is true!)...
not sure about you, but I think this part of the anatomy is so sensitive and the nerves react stronger and take longer to get over all the surgery and it doesn't take much moving around post op to get the whole area feeling not so good.
I hope you are getting through each day and we must look forward to healing and feeling ourselves again!
hope you are doing okay today,
take care,
Unread 06-05-2013, 09:38 PM

Wow, clicked on this post and didn't realize it was mine. Well here it is 5 months post op...Have to say out of all my surgeries, this was/is the hardest post op I've ever had and I've had a 5 level cervical neck fusion! Still having terrible bowel troubles. I have FM also, but prior to the surgery this was not a huge issue but now I have chronic constipation and not sure who to turn to. I did have a colonoscopy last month but nothing abnormal. I feel like this vaginal tightness is causing spasms which are affecting the bowels. Has anyone had this issue? I'm about at my wits end. I've tried stool softners, miralax, fiber pills,drinks...I can't find a medium it is one way or the other...and I'm worried about taking something as strong as miralax on a reg basis....boo hoo.....thanks for listening
Unread 06-06-2013, 03:10 PM

53dot,

Are you using any vaginal estrogen cream? I have found it helps both my bladder and bowels and can tell when my vaginal tissues become inflamed from dryness when I go too long between doses.
Unread 06-20-2013, 05:41 PM

I have the cream but have not used it..I guess I've never used it long enough to feel any difference, maybe I will try it and give it some time to work. My dr wants to get off hrt patch but horrible hot flashes soooooooooo...
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by terristudevent View Post
Hello,

Where did you have your surgery done? And what kind of graft was that? Natural ? Or mesh?

I hope you will be fine soon.

I am recovering from Mesh Removal 2 weeks ago. UCLA.

Suffering, I feel like my pelvic has a chain link fence thru it.

Teri
DITTO!! 2 weeks and more irritation/pain than last week. Sling was broken and embedded in my urethra. Vagina so jacked up from porcine graft and scar tissue they built me a new vagina using a flap of skin from my upper leg. Oddly, doc told me to take lots of baths or pool time-normal? I'm not healing-raw area when flap stitches are in vagina. Owwee-Not sure if I should call Dar or be patient. Advice?
Unread 07-10-2013, 03:27 PM

2bemeagain,
I don't handle pain well at all so I would definately call. Is it at all improved since your removal? I was planning to fly home post total removal for 2 meshes by day 8 post surgery from ucla in October but will refuse if the pain is that bad! I know some mesh sisters talk about making cold ice packs by freezing wet tampons and a lot of lub you might want to ask the Dr. if something like that will help you.
Wishing you a very speedy recovery!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.