HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

cystocele and large rectocele cystocele and large rectocele

Unread 02-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Red face - cystocele and large rectocele cystocele and large rectocele

I Was Seeing A Colorectal Surgeon For Super Severe Constipation AndThrough Testing He Found A Large Rectocele And A Cystocele That He Said Would Need Surgery. He Said I Need To See My GyN To Do The Surgery. I Will See Him Tuesday For A Consultation. The Nurse Who Scheduled My Appt Said This Was An Outpatient Procedure. Anyone Else Go Home Same Day? Would Love For Someone To Explain The Procedure. Thank You! (My Font Is Going Crazy W capitals Tonight! )
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Re: cystocele and large rectocele

I had a transanal rectocele repair by a colon rectal surgeon done as day surgery. I actually didn't get taken for surgery until very late in the afternoon and still went home that night.
Unread 02-07-2013, 07:26 AM

It really depends on the surgeon. If they can schedule you at a hospital as a 23 hour procedure then you have the option of staying overnight if there are any complications or you can't get your pain under control.
Unread 02-07-2013, 01:51 PM

I had a cystocele and rectocele repaired as an outpatient 3-1/2 weeks ago. The surgery took 1 hr and 15 minutes. I did not have a catheter or packing in when I woke up from surgery. I went in at 1:00 and was home about 7 hours later. Once they saw I could urinate they released me. I really didn't have alot of pain. Most of it was from the posterior repair and my hemorroid flaired up, but I wouldn't say it was extreme. It was what I expected from surgery. Once I got the hemi under control, I started to feel much better after the first week, though I rested alot and didn't lift anything. Just walked around the house every hour or two. I am taking Colace three times a day and if a day goes by where I don't have a BM, I take MIlk of Magnesia at night, and that works fine. Now, almost four weeks later I really am feeling good. Driving was uncomfortable for the first couple of weeks, though. Now I can drive locally without much discomfort. So far I am 100% happy with the surgery. I had it done by my GYN. I was unsure of having a GYN do it at the beginning because most people recommend a urogynecologist. I have alot of faith in my doctor. She has been in practice for over 16 years and had told me she had done many of these operations. So I decided to go with her and am so glad I did. So far everything is better than I could have hoped for and I wish I had done it sooner. Good luck!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway