HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

3 weeks, 2 Days post op- on Top of the world 3 weeks, 2 Days post op- on Top of the world

Unread 02-13-2013, 08:59 PM
3 weeks, 2 Days post op- on Top of the world

Hi all,
Just wanted to share, I am 3 weeks and 3 days post op. Yeaterday (2wks 2days) my switch flicked, I am feeling on top of the world. I got clearance to drive, my pain is nothing, my bleeding stopped and I could managed to wear some maternity pants with out feeling pressure. I got out of the house and even though it was a wet day I had a great day. I was a little bit tender at the end of the day and watched a movie in bed from 7pm to rest. Last night I had the bet night sleep and woke up at 7am with ease ( I havnt been able to drag myself out of bed before 8 per op and only did that to take daughter to school on time) even my husband said to be this morning 'I have my girl back, she was hiding for 3.5 yrs but I can see her coming back'. Fighting and I mean fighting hard (because of my age 24 when I requested a hysterectomy) for 2 years has paid of. Best thing I could of done. I am now trying to brain storm a thank you present for my Gynae and his team, he has gone above and beyond his duties and helped make my life better so I can enjoy it instead and dreading it. Any ideas for thank you gift?
Unread 02-13-2013, 09:48 PM
Re: 3 weeks, 2 Days post op- on Top of the world

It's so great to hear that your doing great sister! I am still trying to find a wonderful thank you gift for my OBGYN as well, he saved my life. We might be feeling great but still please take it easy. I'm 5 weeks post op and still taking my time doing things but slowly increasing my pace
Unread 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM

I had my surgery the day after you did and I feel 100%. I have to keep reminding myself that I had surgery. I started driving a week ago. I went out to dinner with friends tonight, and I'm going back to work on Monday. I'm really surprised that things have been so easy for me ... I'm very thankful for that.
Unread 02-14-2013, 12:23 AM

Im still taking it easy, just nice to be able to get out and about and to feel better. Im still not lifting pulling or pushing anything more then 2kg even get hubby to grab the 3ltr milk out and pour for me. I have a rest during then day and again early evening. I have told hubby I am not lifting or doing any major things until I have clearance from my gynae as I want the best possible recovery. I am just so grateful for my progress

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.