HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Community - HysterSisters > New Member Help Center - Introduce Yourself

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Lichen Sclerosus AND Genital Herpes Lichen Sclerosus AND Genital Herpes

Unread 02-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Unhappy - Lichen Sclerosus AND Genital Herpes Lichen Sclerosus AND Genital Herpes

Hello! I was diagnosed 13 yrs ago with LS (by punch biopsy). I used steroids treatment for a few months and then stopped. Over the years I have had times when it was itchy and painful but I just dealt with it. Then last year it was unbearable so I went to the GYN only to learn I had Herpes. Now I wonder if that could have been the problem over the years and I didn't know. I divorced about 11 years ago and remarried about 9 years ago.

Now for about the past week I have been having symptoms of the LS worsening, and I wonder how often I should be having biopsies done to be sure I don't get cancer.

I am the worst at seeing my GYN regularly - and now I regret it. I haven't had someone to monitor my LS regularly and the thought of that painful biopsy freaks me out!!

Does anyone else have BOTH conditions, by chance?

Thanks!
Unread 02-21-2013, 04:45 AM
Welcome!

Welcome to HysterSisters! You don't have a hysterectomy date mentioned in your profile (click here to add it if you know what it is!)

For helpful information and resources you will find specific help by clicking these links: for Treatment Options, for Pre-Op Or for Post-Op.

You will find wonderful information in our Hysterectomy Checkpoints.

For more information about managing your journey around the site, visit New Here. General answers to basic questions about the site can be found in our FAQ.

If you have a "mister" or other family member who wonders how they can best take care of you, visit and share this website with them: Mister HysterSisters.

Please [click here] and fill out your Member Survey. It is fast and easy and will help others to be able to provide support for your hysterectomy needs. (And you will get your first member badge!)

We are glad you registered!

Again, welcome to HysterSisters!

P.S. This is our "Introduce Yourself" forum and its purpose is to point you in the proper direction for the best support for your needs. Only staff can reply here for the purpose of helping you find your way around the HysterSisters.com website. Support by our members is offered in our support forums (links in this reply above) where you can ask your specific questions and receive replies from our members. We look forward to seeing you on the support boards of this site!
Unread 02-21-2013, 05:16 AM
Re: Lichen Sclerosus AND Genital Herpes

to HysterSisters!

I'm sorry that you're dealing with so much, but hope you'll find information and support here that is helpful.

To better help you on the support boards, please complete the basic information in your Member Survey, and add your hysterectomy surgery date to your profile using the link in Princess Ruby's reply. With that information in place we can better direct you to a forum for your concerns.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.