HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

bioTE implants... any good/bad/ugly info., please! bioTE implants... any good/bad/ugly info., please!

Unread 02-25-2013, 01:46 PM
bioTE implants... any good/bad/ugly info., please!

My hysterectomy was in Sept. 2010, almost 2.5 yrs. ago. I am 47 yrs. old. Initially it seemed that I had been doing okay using divigel, but problems have very slowly manifested and I have finally called "Uncle!"

At my annual ob/gyn check-up, I explained my nearly constant fatigue, memory/fog issues, no libido... there are probably other symptoms I am not aware of. She ordered my usual blood test + a testosterone test... I am at the bottom of the range for testosterone. Dr. told me I would probably benefit from a combo t/e cream or bioTE pellets (neither FDA approved so not covered by insurance... uggghh!).

I also tested borderline deficient for Vitamin D, and dr. wants me on a "surge" prescription of that... 1 pill each week for 12 weeks. Maintenance vitamin D after this if my level is satisfactory.

I have the official bioTE brochure, but I need YOUR help! I want to hear from you all, PLEASE! I am feeling somewhat overwhelmed trying to keep all my regular stuff juggled, without adding more HRT research, and side effects, to the mix.

Give me all the good, the bad, and the ugly stuff you know about my situation... many thanks!

Natalie
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:29 PM
Re: bioTE implants... any good/bad/ugly info., please!

Natalie,

I just had my surgery on 2/4 but have been using the bio identical pellet therapy since Sept of 2011.

My personal experience is that they are great. They were suppressing my cycle at the time. I had high estrogen normally.

I had the pellets inserted in my hip a week before my surgery. I had both ovaries removed on 2/4 and the only thing I have experienced is being weepy which my Dr. told me to expect.

My plan is to use the bio identical pellet therapy for my HRT. They helped me so much before my surgery with my moods that at one point I stated to my husband it was time for the pellets and our vacation was planned around the same time (my husband is very tight with money) that we could not afford both, his replied "we could not, not afford the pellets" after he had seen the difference it made with me.

I know everyone is not the same but my experience had been wonderful. Not covered by my insurance either. I stopped the pellets at one point and tried the cream for 3 month to return to the pellets.
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:31 PM

Natalie,

I turned 48 in December it this helps.

Lana
Unread 03-20-2013, 07:34 PM

I got on here tonight to post this exact same question and I'm kinda shocked that not more people have tried the pellets. I got my bloodwork back today and I'm not absorbing much, if any, estrogen from my Vivelle Dot and my testosterone is very low. I've been tossing around the idea of these pellets for awhile and only know one person that's done it and it's changed her entire life. I was hoping to see more of that on here! Guess I'll just have to be brave and get them and hope for the best. Sure as heck can't get any worse!
Unread 03-21-2013, 05:59 AM

Lizasher - I love the pellets and would not go any other way. The work wonders for me.
I told a work acquaintance who had a tah
about 1 year ago and she came to my office personally to thank me. I know 4 ladies who use them and all love them.
I would be sure to get them from a gyn. Other places are normally much more expensive.
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:17 AM

I am so happy to hear that! Yes, I will be getting them from my gyno. He is the one that suggested them. He says they have been in use for years and have helped the quality of life for so many women but I had never heard of them! I was perfectly content on my vivelle dot but for some reason when I use the .05 my breasts hurt so much I can't walk and when he lowered it to .0375 I didn't absorb any and the hot flashes tried to come back. They didn't make it completely but I can feel them right under the surface. Then he did labs and my estrogen had gone from 148 to 17 after one week of going to the lower dose. That's when he suggested the pellets. I think I'm gonna give them a try. I'm actually kind of excited! However, I was reading reviews last night and was wondering did you have any initial side effects? Acne? Bloating? Etc.
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:38 AM

The two things for me were my forehead had some blemishes and I needed to shave more.
The pros increased energy, clarity, libido and an overall feeling of well being. I can't wait to get my first insert after TAH. I received a lower dose 1 week before surgery. I will be getting new pellets in April.
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:13 AM

I prefer the SottoPelle pellet to Biote. Just feel better. I started feeling a bit more out of sorts over the last year and then found out my physician had switched to Biote a year ago and didn't tell me! Going back to another doc who does the SottoPelle
Unread 06-15-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnvance40 View Post
I prefer the SottoPelle pellet to Biote. Just feel better. I started feeling a bit more out of sorts over the last year and then found out my physician had switched to Biote a year ago and didn't tell me! Going back to another doc who does the SottoPelle
I don't know the difference. My Dr. has always used the SottoPelle.
Unread 06-17-2013, 06:41 AM

I switched to the pellet after 3 years of being told that the patch was my best solution and I was feeling as good as I was going to and that I just needed to get used to growing older. I got the pellets 2 months ago and what a difference! I think it is the testosterone that has been the most helpful. I balked a little about trying bio-HRT because of the cost but it is worth every penny!!! Insurance did cover my initial exam and bloodwork. I will get a part time job if I have to in order to pay for this treatment if I have to. My memory is better, my depression gone, my energy is back and my muscle tone is getting better!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.