HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

issues after prolapse surgery issues after prolapse surgery

Unread 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM
issues after prolapse surgery

Hello all,

I am new here and glad i found this site. I needed to hear from other women about their experiences.

A brief or some what brief background of me! I am 31 have 2 kids 10yrs old and 22 months old. I have been having pelvic pain and bladder issues since the birth of my son in may 2011. I also have sever back pain from an epidural gone wrong which caused never root compression and a belived dural tear. I have diagnosised with intersistal cyctitis which cuases alot of bladder pain and urgency. My urologist did a cyctoscopy and bladder distention in august 2012 in hopes of helping pain and to look around. This procedure did not help my pain at all. My obgyn discovered cyctosele and rectocele in december 2012. On dec 31 i had prolpase repair surgery. I know happy new year right!

So i am now 10 weeks post surgery and have been having horrible bladder retention now. Before surgery i did not have any urine leakage problems just slight retention at times. Now it is unbearable at times. We have also tried sex twice now using lots of lube and going slow and it is so painful i cried during sex last time. It feels like i have sores all over the inside of my vaginia now that werent there before. I have been checked by obgyn and she says things are looking well.....well....i dont feel well at all.

Sorry that was so long and that isnt every detal either lol

Please give me some feedback as to what you have experienced or things that have helped.
Unread 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Re: issues after prolapse surgery

I'm sorry to hear you are not doing well. I had my hyster/bladder sling in Dec 2011 - I now am scheduled for prolapse surgery and my bladder sling has to be removed in 2 weeks - can you tell me what to expect from the surgery? I'm a bit nervous
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:03 PM
issues after prolapse surgery

Hi
I m sorry to hear that you are having such a horrible time
Perhaps get a second opinion ?
Unread 03-11-2013, 08:24 PM

Hi all thanks for the replies. I too had stiches for perineal repair....that i wasnt expecting...doc did a nip and tuck for me while under as a surprise...well it def was a surprise cuz i woke up not only in pain from the inside but im going why does my bum hurt like i had a baby...well low and behold theres stitches so not only did i have the internal pain of recovery my perineal stitches took 8 weeks to heal....i wasnt going to have any more kids so i thought id never have to feel that pain again but oh well....so i too feel your pain sandimac22! Hang in there...im still a bit tender but it is def getting better. I had a uti after surgery which i think was from infection from the hospital cath..it took 2 months and 6...yes 6...antiboitics to finally get a clean urine sample. I too feel lumps...for lack of better word...on the inside now that i didnt feel before...im not sure what it is....it def feels almost like theres not even enough room for a tampon let alone room for my hubby...which by the way has been sooo patient and understanding. During our 2nd attempt at sex last week i had an orgasm from clitoral stimulation only and even that hurt..i felt the split second of goodness followed by sever internal stinging...anyone had that! Ive only tried sex twice in 10 weeks and it still hurts like somethings in his way.
Unread 03-11-2013, 09:37 PM

I am new to all of this with being only 7 days post surgery but I am too having some issues. I have a UTI and have been on 2 antibiotics since last Wednesday (day I got out of hospital) but I feel like I have a bunch of tears inside of me. It burns/stings so bad when I urinate and I can hardly sit down. I also have some bruising "down below" and I'm not too sure if this is normal or not, so I made a doctor's appt for tomorrow. I'm hoping to find some relief soon and I hope I don't have to wait 2 months (and 6 antibiotics) to get rid of this UTI.
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:15 PM

One2smile...did you have external perineal stitches as well....i know my pain while urinating was because of those stitches
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:24 PM

Also, i know everybody is different and every uti is different and trust me having bladder isses for almost 2 years now ive been through it and seen it and tried it all...as far as my uti after my surgery it seemed like nothing i was doing was helping but pedialite and cranberry pills seemed to help. Id drink pedialite in the evening so i didnt wake up feeling dehydrated and i took one 3600mg cranberry pill at lunch. I had to take the pill with food or i would get terrible terrible heartburn and i cant stand the taste of the juice. I drink only water and that wasnt making a difference in my uti at all. I drink water because of my ic since anything with caffiene coffee tea soda or juice with acids would make my bladder spasms and pain even worse. Also the pyridum pills rx only def help with uti urination pain but...and this was a big but....i had my uti for so long and took pyridum for pain for weeks i had to have a ct scan becuase they thought i had kidney stones from too much pyridum passing through my kidneys.....no stones fortunatly! Maybe this info will help with your uti as well...good luck i know trying to heal from surgery is hard enough and to add the uti on top you feel helpless but it too shall pass...us women are strong and we can make it through anything this added support def helps!
Unread 03-11-2013, 11:57 PM

Thanks Guys for your input...
Hopefully it makes us feel there is someone else out there to discuss these things with also doesn't have a clue what is normal and what's not.

I have rested up a lot in the last 24 hours and feel a lot better although I did develop a slight urgency to wee yesterday with some stinging so I took Ural straight away and that too has gone.

I sympathise with you all as I know that even an an intelligent thinking woman I have no clue what to expect or what is normal :-(

It actually makes me a bit afraid of my own vagina! Just in case I screw things up...

Good luck Sisters
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:01 AM

Thanks sisters. In love the support and to hear everyones stories...i know now im not crazy please keep the stories coming. Good luck everyone and please repost and keep us all updated on recovery process.
Unread 03-12-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohwhatnow View Post
Hello all,

I am new here and glad i found this site. I needed to hear from other women about their experiences.

A brief or some what brief background of me! I am 31 have 2 kids 10yrs old and 22 months old. I have been having pelvic pain and bladder issues since the birth of my son in may 2011. I also have sever back pain from an epidural gone wrong which caused never root compression and a belived dural tear. I have diagnosised with intersistal cyctitis which cuases alot of bladder pain and urgency. My urologist did a cyctoscopy and bladder distention in august 2012 in hopes of helping pain and to look around. This procedure did not help my pain at all. My obgyn discovered cyctosele and rectocele in december 2012. On dec 31 i had prolpase repair surgery. I know happy new year right!

So i am now 10 weeks post surgery and have been having horrible bladder retention now. Before surgery i did not have any urine leakage problems just slight retention at times. Now it is unbearable at times. We have also tried sex twice now using lots of lube and going slow and it is so painful i cried during sex last time. It feels like i have sores all over the inside of my vaginia now that werent there before. I have been checked by obgyn and she says things are looking well.....well....i dont feel well at all.

Sorry that was so long and that isnt every detal either lol

Please give me some feedback as to what you have experienced or things that have helped.

Hi ohwhatnow,

Sorry you are having so much pain/discomfort during your recovery. Are you self cathing for the retention? Did your surgeon check you or just your regular gyn? Was your surgery done vaginally or abdominal?

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.