HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !! 6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!

Unread 04-05-2013, 11:46 PM
6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!

Any one with info help
Unread 04-06-2013, 02:36 PM
Re: 6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!!!!!!

Did you change something (other than the obvious)? Have you been trying to lose? Need more info!!!
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAguirre View Post
Did you change something (other than the obvious)? Have you been trying to lose? Need more info!!!

No I have food allergies so its very hard to diet
I feel puffy and fat and depressed I'm at a loss
Besides the hormones being all jacked I'm a mess I really don't know I'm lost and feel alone
Food allergies are all fruit and all veggies except onion & potatoes
And I'm mild gluten intolerant I went from 190 lbs to 251
Surgery was October 3 2012
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:00 AM
Re: 6 months Post full hyst and I have gained 50 pounds HELP !!

Wow. Those food allergies are awful. Can you eat any fruit? And since you can eat potato, can you eat yams? What about greens like spinach?
Are you taking HRT?
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:03 AM

And ... I just wanted to say ... Hang in there. Let the negatives go knowing that you are going to make positive changes. It's easy to get down on ourselves when we are stagnant. By making a real effort to get healthy, you will start to feel better. I promise.
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAguirre View Post
Wow. Those food allergies are awful. Can you eat any fruit? And since you can eat potato, can you eat yams? What about greens like spinach?
Are you taking HRT?

Yes on yams
no on spinach unless its from a can and only a few spoons
Fruit is no on all but I can do peaches from a can & citrus fruits all from cans eww but once a month its a treat for me
and yes I was on vivelle dot but I can't afford it I have no medical insurance so I have been off for about a month now
:-(
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:03 AM

I would skip the canned stuff and try and go with fresh. Canned fruit usually contains lots of sugar. I understand about the food allergies I have many of them myself.

Might want to have your thyroid checked as weight gain can sometimes be from a thyroid imbalance.
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:47 AM

I wonder why you can tolerate canned products but not fresh. If you were allergic, I would think that you wouldn't be able to do canned either - like peanuts and peanut butter. Can you tolerate frozen?

I agree with Kim that you should visit your doctor to make sure there are no underlying issues. The bottom line for losing weight comes down to caloric intake, output and getting to know your own metabolism. Logging food, calories and burned calories is an excellent way to start. It's a pain - especially at first when you have to look up food values - but you get used to it pretty fast. I do it not only to maintain weight but to ensure balance in the foods I choose. You start making better choices when you see calories add up.

Exercise is big for general health. It helps if you can find something you like that doubles as exercise. Personally, I enjoy hiking as a mental outlet. I think of it more as a hobby. During the summer, I like paddle boarding and kayaking. All are excellent exercise but they don't feel like it to me. They feel like fun. Weight training is underrated for women. It helps to build and maintain bone density, plus it's easy and can be done in your home. You have to find what works for you and find something that can become as routine as brushing your teeth.

We've heard it 100 times ... it comes down to diet and exercise whether we like it or not. Personally, I like it because its simple. The key is just to start and to start simple.
Unread 04-07-2013, 06:19 PM

thank you it's hard to just eat healthy not being able to have any fresh fruit or veggies one bite can put me into cardiac arrest I carry an epie pen because of this one strawberry andi could die it's frustrating
Unread 04-08-2013, 11:48 PM

I'm in the same boat. I immediately lost weight from the surgery Oct 4 (I had the works with bladder, rectum, endo on kidneys, sling and more). I kept my ovaries, but had hot flashes in Dec & Jan. I've now gained 30 pounds in just the last two months since the hot flashes stopped. My diet is good and level of activity has increased since Jan. They want to have my thyroid tested. Off to see my gp next week.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.

Summer Fun Giveaway