HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Pains/tearing feeling/burning above wound   4 post op Pains/tearing feeling/burning above wound 4 post op

Unread 04-08-2013, 01:29 PM
Pains/tearing feeling/burning above wound 4 post op

I had my sub total hysterectomy on march 7th and have had few problems with wound not healing. I now have on one side above the wound like a tearing feeling internally. It started on one side but slowly now across the middle. The other side is still very numb so wondering if this is because of hardly any numbness on the side where it hurts. It has a burning feeling too that reduced me to tears. It's not too bad when lying down but when I move its extremely painful. I spoke to GP who said it probably part of the healing but if it continues go to the hospital. Any ideas??
Unread 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Re: Pains/tearing feeling/burning above wound 4 post op

I have had the same tearing feeling in my abdomen, so bad it brings me to tears as well. Also have had a popping sensation and strange movement in my abdomen when i move. I'm only one week post op and this is driving me crazy! I had mine done laparoscopic and had my uterus, one ovary and Fallopian tube removed.
Unread 04-08-2013, 03:51 PM
Pains/tearing feeling/burning above wound 4 post op

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rouse View Post
I had my sub total hysterectomy on march 7th and have had few problems with wound not healing. I now have on one side above the wound like a tearing feeling internally. It started on one side but slowly now across the middle. The other side is still very numb so wondering if this is because of hardly any numbness on the side where it hurts. It has a burning feeling too that reduced me to tears. It's not too bad when lying down but when I move its extremely painful. I spoke to GP who said it probably part of the healing but if it continues go to the hospital. Any ideas??
I am 2 1/2 weeks post op and I have horrible isolated burning sensation that started about 4 days ago. It feels like a torn abdominal muscle but its not. Motrin helps me. I'm hoping it is the healing process as well. Hope you feel better soon. :-)

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.