Update - went to the doctor on Thursday... | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Update - went to the doctor on Thursday... Update - went to the doctor on Thursday...

Unread 02-23-2002, 07:27 AM
Update - went to the doctor on Thursday...

...and all looks good. I am having a TVH...whew. I was hoping for that since the recovery is supposedly quicker/easier?

My only MAJOR freak-out issue is this...despite the fact that I have two kids, neither of them was born vaginally. How in G-d's name are they going to do this?! LOL!!!!!

I'm nervous!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 07:35 AM

oh - and btw - my pre-op is on March 1.
Unread 02-23-2002, 08:44 AM

The vagina is extremely elastic, the only tissue in our body with such amazing capacity. During vaginal delivery, it's the cervix dilation and uterine contractions that bring pain (mostly the cervix), and the vagina accomodates the baby's body.

I'm happy you don't need abdominal surgery. I thought I would, but don't, either, so am also celebrating with you on this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 10:30 AM

Hi Wendy,
Don't worry, I wondered the same thing, and I DID have both of my kids vaginally. They can do it and more...I had a TVH/BSO/A&P repair/resuspension and I still don't understand how my DR could have possibly done all that through such a (seemingly) small opening. Luckily I wasn't there to see it!

Hope this helps!

- Linda
Unread 02-23-2002, 11:49 AM

I'm having a LAVH in March -- and I was wondering -- I've never given birth, and speculums during pelvic exams are pretty uncomfortable.

I know I'll be unconscious during the procedure, but will I wake up feeling really stretched & sore down there because of whatever they have to do in my vagina? It's never had to stretch like that before! Aaaahhhh!
Unread 02-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Sore....

I had TVH 8 days ago. Though I had given birth to three babies, they were relatively small. What I wanted to know was how they saw what they were doing in there!!!LOL I will tell you I had some pretty gruesome thoughts along those lines. I still haven't gotten the courage to ask that question.
As far as being sore and swollen after, I was and still am a little. Its not too bad though. I just set on a soft pillow when I'm up. It didn't feel much different than the first week or so after having the kids. Actually this is a little less painful.
I can't say this is the most fun thing I ever did in my life, but I would do it again if offered. I also think that if you have an oppertunity to get it done vaginally, that is the way to go. I have little overall pain, only when I overdo. I felt pretty good by three days post-op and didn't have to worry about tearing or caring for a big incision.
Good luck and let us know how you are!!
Kelkie(Kelly)

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register