Today's My bday, and I think I'm bummed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Today's My bday, and I think I'm bummed Today's My bday, and I think I'm bummed

Unread 02-23-2002, 07:45 AM
Today's My bday, and I think I'm bummed

With my LAVH/LSO set for March 7th, I find myself thinking alot about what is going to happen soon. I think I am sad. I've gotten alot of comfort from you all and the ladies in chat. I'm so not here that my dh surprised me with balloons and a card, and after my 3rd trip into the kitchen I FINALLY saw them. I think I am worried since he is getting nervous that he can't handle everything by himself when I come home. I keep reassuring him that we WILL have help and everything will be fine. But I don't know....... I'm in that LIW mode.... Perhaps I feel so blah today because NEXT year I will be missing a few pieces of myself. I have a nice evening planned, so I hope that will alleviate some of my thoughts....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 08:31 AM

I know the feeling ... sometimes it's hard to appreciate the loving gestures. But a dose of tough emotional love may help (from my own personal experience).

You are loved, even if you can't love yourself right now. You have no right to assume that their love for you is not justified - how offensive and hurtful such selfishness can be ... it's not your mirror image that counts, it's the reflection of you in their eyes, in God's eyes, too.

I have to remind myself that it's God's eyes and my loved-ones eyes that count when I'm in that mode, as they can see my worth when I can't. Pull yourself up to their lovability, even if you have to grab your bootstraps to pull, and come up and out of the funk. This one's a choice ... but, God bless you, I do know it's hard (had to do it many times).
Unread 02-23-2002, 08:42 AM

Hi Susie, I have a February birthday also, and this time last year I was facing a March 6th surgery date. I think I was like a walking zombie all the time. It didn't matter what I was doing, the thoughts of surgery filled my mind constantly. I knew I needed the surgery and was ready for it in my mind. But it was all I could talk and think about to my family and friends. (I must have been driving them crazy).
I am now just 11 short days from the one year anniversary of my surgery, and I want to tell you, that for me, it's been the best year I've had in many, many years. I had the typical 6-8 weeks of trying very hard to be a really good princess, (I really did not want to deal with any complications that I might have caused so i was extremely good), but once I reached that point, life seemed to start over for me. We took a family vacation and for the first time in many, many years, I don't know the location of every bathroom, in every state where we went. That in itself was just a wonderful feeling.
I feel better than I have in years. Try to relax, and deal with this on a day to day basis, and soon the surgery will be behind you and will will begin the start of the new life you have ahead of you.
Take care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 08:44 AM

I almost forgot,

Unread 02-23-2002, 08:45 AM
Happy Birthdday!!!!

Hey Suzie,
happy birthday!! Relax and get a BIG piece of

We are surgery sisters and I am getting quite nervous myself, so I know relaxing is easier said than done! Ironically, exactly six weeks post-op to the day of surgery will be my birthday. I'll be 47, aaaccckkkkkkkk....I getting close to 50 :

Since I am a bundle of nerves myself I can't offer much in the way of anything other than empathy and understanding, a bit of tea and sympathy.

's,
Bev
Unread 02-23-2002, 08:49 AM

SusieQ

I know exactly what you are going through. I'm scheduled for Tuesday. As I am writing to you, my dh is cleaning. I sort of feel guilty, but again, we hired a cleaning lady who comes in once every other week and isn't due until Friday. Anyway, I can imagine what your dh is feeling right about now. I also think that they will realize just how much we really do. I don't know if you have kids, but my dh is going to notice what I do. He does help alot, but there is so much more that I don't think he realizes. Make your list and start your shopping now. You will be so glad you did. Today I start my "liquid" diet, and do the grocery shopping as well as finalize my list of things to do. I will pack my bag tomorrow, go to the video store and write down the movies I want to see so they can go and rent them when I am up to watching. Last night I had stupid dreams about the OR. I kept asking why I can't have polish on my toes LOL.

I will keep you in my ers.

Go out and and take you mind off things.
Unread 02-23-2002, 08:50 AM

See, you really are loved. Please have a very
(sorry I forgot to mention that part, too ... meant to).
Unread 02-23-2002, 08:54 AM
Thanks All

Nancy, you described me to a T. That is exactly the time frame and my emotional state at the moment. Thanks for the post & birthday wishes.

Befuddled, we ARE surgery sisters. I hope all goes well for you. I'll be watching for posts. Feel free to share with me anytime.
Unread 02-23-2002, 09:17 AM
pre op worries

Hi susie Q

First before i forget try to have a brilliant b'day and have a good time tonight.

I to am pre-op and due to have abh/bso on 6th march 1 day before you, i can fully relate to your feeling of being out of it, i feel that i have got so much to do and sort out, but haven't got the inclination or energy to do anything

I too, have kids and feel that i should be spending precious time with them while i am still able to, but my mind is definately elsewhere, i was only diagnosed with a cyst just under 3 weeks ago, and because of family history have had a very short time to get my head around the whole thing, i had a cancer scare which results say is unlikely but you are never sure so the waiting and anticipation is killing me.

You must try and make the most of your special day and enjoy yourself as much as possible, maybe a drink or two will help you to relax and forget all the horrible things going on in your life.

I have found the support and love on this site invaluable and any help i can give you will make me feel better, its nice to know you can help and support others and share experiences and worries so if you want to shout, scream, moan or cry i am here for you.

Have a brill day and big hugs to you, you are not alone we are all here for you

Love 'n' stuff

Mandy xx

Hi browniz as well

I have had strange dreams also and dreamt my dad was the surgeon the other night how strange is that.

What is a liquid diet? and is it something i should be going on!!!!

Love 'n' stuff

Mandy xx
Unread 02-23-2002, 10:31 AM

(((((Susie Q)))))

to you

to you

dear sister

to you!!

The waiting is the worst part of the surgery in my humble opinion. Go out tonite and have FUN!!!!!!

Thoughts and Prayers are with you for your surgery.

HUGS,

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register