Lady in Waiting - 3/4/02 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lady in Waiting - 3/4/02 Lady in Waiting - 3/4/02

Unread 02-23-2002, 08:28 AM
Lady in Waiting - 3/4/02

Hello. I am so glad to find this board and web site. Thanks so much for all the great info!
I am waiting for TAH BSO. I have endometriosis. It took a year to get the correct diagnosis. (They kept treating me for kidney stones!) Except for the terrible pain from the endo and the grogginess of the pain meds, I have been cool as a cucumber. BUT now I feel the nerves kicking in. I am in panic mode. I am worrying about EVERYTHING...cleaning the house, packing my bags, my hubby, my kitty-cats and dog, getting all the errands done, you name it. I am terrified at the possibility of having morphene, of the doctor not getting all the endo out, of HRT, of losing too much blood, of the pain, of EVERYTHING.
How do I stop this panic?!?!?!? How on earth do you survive the week before going to the castle?

Lorla

I have never used smilies before or a signature line. Sorry, if I mess it up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 09:13 AM
Lady in Waiting - 3/4/02

Love your "pets" ...
I'm anxious, too, and chose to wake up here instead, even if it takes most of the day. We're supposed to be cleaning as a family, but dh and ds's are busy playing donkey kong, so I'd hate to interrupt

Love,
Unread 02-23-2002, 11:47 AM
Hi Lorla!

I too am having surgery on the fourth! :time2:
I found out last May that I needed TAH but at the time they wanted you to schedule your surgery while you were leaving the doctor's office. For Pete's sake I didn't even have my calendar (aka my brain) with me! I eventually got tired of thinking and stressing about it so I finally made the call! I saw my regular doctor Thursday and will see the doctor doing the surgery Monday. I will also have my lab work done Monday afternoon. Then it will be a week to surgery! I am actually more calm about everything since it has all been set up. etc. The uncertainity was really getting to me. I told my doctor that if I didn't have it soon I was going to gain 50 pounds! I actually only gained 6 but that was 6 more than I really needed too! This summer was getting pretty full too and I didn't want to miss anything so I thought March was the best month to get it done. I haven't started cleaning yet, etc. I plan on starting to panic when I pick up my lab results at my regular doctors office on the first! My daughter will be in the operating room with me. Most everyone who hears that isn't so sure that is a good idea but if she can handle it then so can I!
I think that the waiting will probably be the worst and we will make it!!!!
You will be in my thoughts and prayers too
kansas.noah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 05:39 PM
Lady in Waiting - 3/4/02

Hi Lorla,

Welcome to Hystersisters!! I'm glad that you found us and hope that you continue to visit.

I just wanted to reassure you, and Kansasnoah and Katie that it's normal to be nervous before your sugery.

I was so nervous the night before mine that I sat at the computer looking for information on hysterectomies and that's when I found this site!! I'm glad that all of you have found it earlier than I did.

Maybe you already know, but there are drop-down menus on the main page. Scroll down toward the bottom of the screen and you will see the hints for Ladies in Waiting.

I'll be thinking about all of you and waiting to hear that you're back home again.

's

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register