draintube placed | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

draintube placed draintube placed

Unread 02-23-2002, 12:48 PM
draintube placed

hello ladies, my surgery is in 3 days, getting a little nervous since my doc said she was going to place a smal drainage tube for 2 days to decrease the possibility of infection. I never had to have a tube placed, anyone out there every have tube place following a tahbso?I am sure it will all work out, mind over matter, right? that is a tube at the incision site.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 01:24 PM
draintube placed

Hi There!

I don't have experience with a drain tube, but I did want to pop in to wish you well for your surgery!

Hope everything goes very well! You will be home relaxing and being a pampered princess in no time! I know the hospital staff will take very good care of you.

(((((((HUGS))))))))
Unread 02-23-2002, 03:22 PM
drainage tube

Haven't had my TAH/BSO yet, but did have breast reduction surgery 14 years ago and had two drainage tubes. They were no problem --- I had a little tube sort of on my sides near where my overly endowed boobs had been. They drained excess fluid into something (I was pretty groggy). The doc came in the next morning and just pulled them out. The removal was VERY quick, so there was no time to feel very uncomfortable.

Good luck with your surgery!!

Margie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 03:23 PM
draintube placed

Thanks for the positive note, I also work at the hospital I am having my surgery at. That could be both bad and good. Good that i know several of the doctors and have seen how they interact with patients and their level of quality care. Bad because i might have a few visitors than i need, but all in all i am thinking good thoughts about the whole thing. My doctor did mention something about loosing testosterone. Bummers! I guess i forgot all about that hormone. Had only the estrogen on my mind. My doctor of whom i have great respect for, suggest drinking testosterone in syrup form . Any of you ladies out there have problems with sex drive or taking the male hormone? thanks for your input. I am as today off work until after my surgery the 26th of feb. Time to focuss. Think i will go clean my house somemore.
Unread 02-24-2002, 07:50 PM
draintube placed

I'll be interested in what you find out about the testosterone (it's on my SIX PAGES of questions for my doc). The house cleaning is probably a good idea. Ever notice how when you're sick and lying on the couch you start to notice every cobweb and how dirty everything looks? I hope all goes well for you on Tuesday! Keep us posted!

Margie
Unread 02-24-2002, 08:35 PM
draintube placed

I did not have a drain after my TAH, but I did have one in my knee following a nasty knee cap fracture. It is called a JP drain....abbreviation for Jaxon prat drain....don't ask me where it got that name. Anyway it has a bulb type device on the end that uses gentle suction to drain away excess fluid. It may feel a little weird when they pull it out, but I don't think you will notice it in there much until then....Good luck!!!!

Too young

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register