HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Unread 04-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Frustrated

It has been 6 weeks since my TAH. What a roller coaster this has been. I am not sleeping, no energy, whole body hurts, grumpy, jumpy etc I could go on forever. Doctor started me on Minnieville dot 1 mg then went to .50 mg then back to 1 mg. I get where my hole body is like a furnace I turn white and the proceed to feel like I am going to pass out. My doctor has checked my blood work I have had a ultra sound and nothing. I also have these round knots around my stomach but not on my surgery line above it. Doctor feels like the knots are scar tissue and healing. She has given me several different medicines to help me sleep and nothin works. All the medicines do react the opposite me. My doctor is throwing up her arms as she cannot figure out what is wrong with me. She wants me to go see a bio idenical hormone doctor which is not covered by insurance and takes weeks to get into see them. I just need to feel better as I have to go back to work within the next 2 weeks. Saturday afternoon I was frustrated and took the patch off thinking I having an allergic reaction to it. Saturday was the first night i Slept all night and did not wake up with night sweats. My body reacts opposite to medicines. I a wondering if I am allergic to the patch she gave me. I am going to try and go without anything until I see her next and see what happens. Boy could I use some advice
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:01 PM
Re: Frustrated

Hmmmm. Sounds like your body doesn't like the patch. We all have different reactions. My mom went thru menopause at 35, and could not tolerate HRT. I experiencing extreme menopausal symptoms, much like the ones you are describing. Hot flashes are insane! I was tossing, and turning, just could not sleep. I've decided to go the "natural" route. I'm taking Black Cohosh for the hot flashes, and mood swings. Melatonin to help me sleep. Both seem to be working. I have resorted to sleeping in underwear only, as my body temp. is off. I'm feeling much better than I was a couple of weeks ago. I hope this helps you. I hope you feel better soon!
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:21 PM

Thanks so much for the info. I am willing to try anything at this point. Really stressed abut going back to work so that is not helping either
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:32 PM

I am 9 weeks post-op. I was having horrible hot flashes and felt horrible too. I couldn't sleep at night and was miserable all day and night. Black Cohosh didn't work for me. My gyno prescribed synthetic Estrogen pill but I wanted BioIdenticals and went to a different doctor. I am using the Climera Estradiol Patch and taking Progesterone at night. What a huge difference! The progesterone balances the estrogen and I haven't slept this well in years. I feel so much better during the day now too. The new doctor said he never prescribes estrogen without balancing it with BioIdentical Progesterone. Good Luck to you! I hope you get some relief soon. (I also go for Acupuncture too. It seems to help)
Unread 04-14-2013, 06:57 PM

Sorry you are going through this. Those patches gave me terrible headaches so one day I warned everyone at work that I was taking off the patch and if I went crazy they would know what was wrong. It was the best thing I could do!!! I am 41 and not on any HRT. No hot flashes, no night sweats. The Dr said he may have left a bit of ovary tissue but my hormones were not working before surgery. I hope you can get the HRT worked out soon. You must be miserable!!

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.