Thank you HysterSisters | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Thank you HysterSisters Thank you HysterSisters

Unread 02-23-2002, 04:10 PM
Thank you HysterSisters

I keep coming back here - this is such a great site. I'm telling my doctor about it so he can refer other patients. Thank you for such a wonderful site.

I am in a severe nesting mood today - preparing my recovery area at home - the last weekend before the big day. My DH thinks (without saying it) that I'm going overboard or at least obsessing about it, and the kids (3 teens) are just baffled. The oldest, my 18 year old daughter Chrissy, is very supportive, but I'm suspecting that the rest of them are going to be sort of hopeless as far as post surgery coddling. They mean well (I think) - they just don't have a clue.

I'm taking lots of the advice here, and preparing my area at home with easy to reach distractions and activities, cleaning ferociously, and packing a hospital bag.

I have to say that I especially loved the read only threads about swelly-belly and throwing out the granny panties. Chrissy was just here enjoying the swelly-belly posts and I thought she was going to pee herself laughing. I also discovered something I had no idea about before - fibroid-ade??!! - I HAVE THAT!! And a few months ago I went for the testing to see if it was stress incontinence or what - no one mentioned (even the doctor?) that there was a possibility that it had something to do with my large fibroids - which he knew that I had. Makes me wonder if he knows about fibroid-ade.

I have to be at the hospital at 6 AM Thursday morning for an 8 AM surgery. I've worked my butt off at work trying to get everything "just so", so there will be as little as possible for the work gang to worry about while I'm gone, and I've got school after work a couple of nights this week - I take classes in the evening after work, and I have a couple of exams to take before the surgery so that I don't fall behind too much while I'm recovering.

To top it off, this morning I got my period. I was supposed to have had the last one of my life - I wasn't supposed to have it again, but I think the stress has brought it on, unscheduled. Bummer. I'm hoping that it's just a day or two of spotting and not the usual misery.

I've rambled on some here, but at this point I'm having trouble thinking about anything else - another thing the family doesn't seem to understand. Again, thank you for a wonderful site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 04:54 PM
Thank you HysterSisters

Dear Debbie,

WOW!!! You are really getting prepared - but :caution: please don't over-do it and get all exhausted right before your surgery.

Please try to get some rest before your castle date. If you're run down beforehand it will just be harder on you to recuperate from the surgery.

Best of luck with your tests this week, and keep in mind that this is the last period that you will ever have.

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register