I am so angry! HELP! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so angry!  HELP! I am so angry! HELP!

Unread 02-23-2002, 05:28 PM
I am so angry! HELP!

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar experiece with doctors. I am 25 and have been having really bad cycles and pain in between. It always occurs on my right side and in 1997 the doc removed my right ovary and tube. I was told I had endo too. To no avail, I am still having a lot of pain on this side.
I was scheduled for my TAH/BSO on 2-26. I got all of my previous records sent to my doctor so he could look them over before the surgery. He said he saw only one page about any endo and it was only a very small amount. (That is what the surgery was going to help rid me of). I was also told that I was in premenopuse because my left ovary had been working overtime for so long. Why would the doc make me suffer through more cycles if there is no reason? He thinks the problems are with my bowels instead of my uterus.
I am wondering why all of a sudden he is thinking something that has never been mentioned to me before. This has been going on for over 10 years and this is the first time it has ever been metioned by any doc! Why in the world would he think this if I have no symptoms of any bowel problem? Could he think I would sue him for giving me the hyst? I am so lost! Anyone have any ideas? Experience? HELP!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-23-2002, 06:35 PM
I am so angry! HELP!

Dear BeetleBailey,

I am so sorry that your doctor is just now going over all of this with you, but a hysterectomy is major surgery and if he thinks it might not be what the problem actually is, then he's doing the right thing to think about what else might be causing your pain.

I noticed that you are in Okinawa - have you gotten a second opinion yet? I know you're probably military and may be limited as to the doctors that are available for you to go to, but I would encourage you to ask for a second opinion just so both you and your doctor are comfortable about any decisions that you make.

Please keep us posted. We care.

's

Karen
Unread 02-23-2002, 07:54 PM
I am so angry! HELP!

Dear BeetleBailey,
Take a deep breath. I can tell you are really upset. I know this probably comes as a shock, having your doctor suggest that you have a bowel problem. But what if you do? You would not want to have a hyst, only to find out that your real problem was your colon! And you are so young ... despite some of the bad press that docs get about doing too many hysts, I really believe they don't recommend a hyst unless they truly believe it is your best option and for young women like you, this has to be a tough call for them.

I also know that even a small amount of endo can cause great pain. If it's at all possible, I also recommend that you get a second any maybe a third opinion. A hyst is not something to enter into unless you really have to. I know this is frustrating, but try to be patient and get these things checked out. Unlike you, I really had trouble believing a hyst would solve all my "belly" pain problems after years of thinking I had irritable bowel syndrome. I got a second opinion, even had a colonoscopy just to make sure there was not some problem with that, or endo growing in my colon. Guess what? My gyn was right on this one ... it wasn't my colon, it was my uterus and all the endo and adhesions causing my pain. I'm doing great at 12 weeks post. I still find it amazing that THIS surgery stopped all the gas, bloating, belly pain, etc. So don't completely dismiss what your doctor has told you ... they don't go through all that training for nothing.

Hang in there. Let us know what you find out. Best of luck!

Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 05:42 AM
I am so angry! HELP!

Thank you for posting that Beth! I have a sneaking suspicion that I have adhesions too..."tons of scar tissue" is what was said during my internal u/s. Wow, I hope that all my digestion problems can be fixed with this also!

I am wondering about bladder suspension, anyone know more about this, or have a link? I think that's in my mix of surgery to do's also.

Sara
Unread 02-24-2002, 05:49 AM
I am so angry! HELP!

Hi Sara,
I have two suggestions for you ... use the Search button at the top of the screen and do a search on "bladder suspension." Posts will pop up with those words in them.
Another idea is to start a new thread on the Post Op board. There should be many ladies there who had bladder suspensions. I'd put the words "Anyone with Bladder Suspension?" in the topic so it gets people's attention right away.

Best of luck!

Beth

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register