The Shakes, nerves or...? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Shakes, nerves or...? The Shakes, nerves or...?

Unread 02-24-2002, 05:33 AM
The Shakes, nerves or...?

Ok, the past few nights, when it's time for bed, I get the shakes using the bathroom. Last night was the worst.

Anyone have any ideas as to why? Hubby is telling me it's my nerves...

I get the cold shakes during the day when I pee also...maybe it's the way everything is sitting inside me?

Anyone else have this too?

Thanks in advance,

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 05:45 AM

Sara,
This is a new one ... can't say I experienced that pre-op and I had a slew of problems going on too. The only time I got the "shakes" was the day after surgery when I had recently had the catheter removed and was using the toilet ... I got really cold, teeth chattering and everything. My DH was there, so he called the nurse. They got me back into bed and took my temp. It was only 96, so they brought a warm blanket and that fixed me right up.
I think you should discuss this with your doc. Maybe you have some sort of infection going on ... or low blood count ... or who knows? It never hurts to call and ask. Let us know what you find out.

Beth
Unread 02-24-2002, 05:47 AM

That's what I'm getting too Beth...teeth chattering and shaking all over. Hubby said I was very cold on my body. Once I get warm I'm fine.

I will call her today as I'm really kinda anxious about why this is happening!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 06:00 AM

Sara,
I'm so glad you will call your gyn! Please let us know what you find out ... I was really frightened about the teeth chattering stuff when it happened to me. It was very weird!

Beth
Unread 02-24-2002, 06:28 AM

Well, as they are military, no one is there on Sunday! I will call in the morning though...

Sara
Unread 02-26-2002, 01:51 PM

Wanted to bring this back up to the top!

Today at the pre-op I asked and they said they didn't know why that happened, but, since I didn't have a fever and it went away, that it was just "one of those things!"

I am wondering if it was because I stopped taking Prempro on Thursday...DT shakes? *LOL*

Sara
Unread 02-26-2002, 04:24 PM

Gadget girl,I asked my husband,he's an MD..he said baring anything else medical(he said its good you are checking),he thinks its adrenaline..you'll get the shakes from the residual effect of adrenaline..

I have posted all day I'm not nervous,and I'm truly not..but my body and mind KNOW I'm in for a huge surgery tomorrow,and I have the shakes,and I'm freezing..

remember,you get nervous before a big sporting event,or a big date,or lots of non scary things..adrenaline can be spurting just at the thought of all thats happening tomorrow,its going to be a big day for the both of us.

Even though I know every single detail,maybe more than a lot of people,of what surgery entails,big events are big events..your body gets ready.

So,I'll probably shake clear till 8am,when I smile up at the anesthesiologist,and then I predict,I'll shake no more..

Shakin',rattlin',rollin' till tomorrow,

Cynthia (you'll be fine )
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:09 PM

Cynthia and Sara,

You guys are cracking me up! You're not supposed to be comedians the day before your hyst!!

I think the adrenaline theory makes a lot of sense ... even for me when I was 1 day post op and got the shakes in the castle. (Course, I was cold too).

Best of luck tomorrow, ladies. I'll be thinking of you. Please check in when you get home and let us know how you are doing. Life really is good on the other side ...

Beth
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:24 PM

Thanks Beth!

*LOL* Gotta keep smilin'

Sara
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:31 PM

Just for the record,Sara,it's 8:40 pm and I am still shaking..

husband just got back with just about all the items on my list..he had a terrible time trying to find pads in what he called "those overlong extraweight things you wanted"..said they came either overlong or extra padded,but not both in one pad,so he got me one of each..

he is packing his bag like I am,because he is staying overnight tomorrow with me,and for as many nights as I need him to,he said...I'll see how long that lasts after he spends a night in the cot they'll bring out for him..he's 6'3 and about 270,a mauler..

I am developing one fear..that during my wakeup phase,I'll babble totally stupid and/or embarrassing things in a drug induced haze..

I said to Dan,if this happens,for Gods sake,put a pillow over my head..

Cynthia

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register