Surgery tomorrow at 8:30 am and I started | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow at 8:30 am and I started Surgery tomorrow at 8:30 am and I started

Unread 02-24-2002, 06:37 AM
Surgery tomorrow at 8:30 am and I started

Well, here I am again everybody. New day, new problem, hee hee hee!!!!
I'm done freaking out. It's actually amazing because I'm really excited about it. Hard to believe that 5 days ago I posted a thread saying I'm freaking out and don't know what to do.
But, this morning I woke up to ol' Aunt Flo and I'm scheduled for my TVH tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. What the heck do I do?
Please tell me that one of you rincess: have had this done while Aunt Flo was here. I don't know what I'll do if they postpone this because of her
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a bunch,
Cyndi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 06:53 AM

Hi Cindy,

I can't respond with a similar experience, but I think I have seen other posts from LIW who started their periods in the day or two before surgery.

I hope some of those ladies will see your post and come to re-assure you.

You might want to call your doctor and ask his service to have him call you today so you won't have to worry about it till tomorrow.

Good Luck!!

's

Karen
Unread 02-24-2002, 07:01 AM

Thanks a bunch Karen. I'll give his service a call.

I'd still love to hear from all you other ladies this may have happened to . Although I listen very carefully to my doctor, it's nice hearing from other women this may have snuck up on.

Thanks again for the response Karen. I really appreciate it.
Cyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 07:18 AM

Cyndi

My surgery is next Monday (3-4) and I started my period a couple of days ago so this is not something I will have to deal with but I have seen plenty of posts from other women who have gone into surgery while being "visited"

Rest easy, you will soon have so many replies of people to help ease this one last concern. Best of luck to you with your surgery. Make sure and let us know how it goes as soon as you are feeling up to it!
Unread 02-24-2002, 07:32 AM

listen - I worried about this happening - and probably helped it to happen - just posted how I have never bled for more than 6 days and now am going on 2.5 weeks, and will probably bleed right up until, b/c that is the luck I have --only late 3 times in my life - no ___, and last month was the 4th! - you wil see, so many sisters are having sx b/c of bleeding problems that the docs and nurses are used to it - it is natural for them, they don't care, treat it just like if you sneezed (they'd say g-d bless and hand you a tissue ) have no fears, I remember a zillion p0sts that say "it's jut more blood" , but knowing me, even tknowing this I would give the service a call, now, Sunday, and leave the doc a message --just so you have peace of mind - b/c I do not think he will care --good luck by the way, I have read your posts - I enter the castle next wed - for my first, last and only overnight sx - I could not go through this LIW bit again - even if you paid me (had 2 out pt proceedures and they put me over the edge) this has me near psychotic, but still able to laugh at myself, so no one wants to commit me - YET
Unread 02-24-2002, 08:11 AM

Cyndi! I'm sorry that happened to you!

Mine is in a few days...no bleeding since last Wednesday *knock on wood* and I hope to have none when I go in.

Sara
Unread 02-24-2002, 08:12 AM

I had a LAVH/BSO on Feb. 13th and yes Aunt Flo came to visit me the night before. When I got to the castle that morning they told me not to worry, by the time I get to recovery Aunt Flo would be a thing of the past. Yes, I was embrassed but the nurses assured me that they had seen alot worse. They just had me wear a pad into the operating room. I went into surgery with terrible back pains and woke up with my back pain gone. My post-op pain since I have been home have been less than my period pain.
Unread 02-24-2002, 09:01 AM
I go tomorrow too

I don't know what your dr thinks--but my Aunt Flo is close by also. My dr said this isn't a big deal. Just wear a pad to the hospital if it starts and let them worry about the rest. I am glad to hear you are calm-- I am just on the edge of crying every minute.

------See you on the other side.
Unread 02-24-2002, 09:08 AM

Hi Cyndi,

I happend to be in my dr.s office on Friday, and mentioned to her "I think I'll be on my period when surgery time comes". She said "don't worry about it, it is no problem".

Well, I was thinking right, and yes I have started, so far today is my worse day. And, I will be going in tomorrow! Oh well, I won't be worrying about Aunt Flo coming to visit anymore. Whoo Hooo. I guess I'll let her have her last hurrah

Take care, and try not to stress out about it. I imagine in surgery they see a lot of blood. So, what is a little more?

Chris
Unread 02-24-2002, 09:12 AM

Nope...it's not a problem. It's just a little more blood. Tell the nurses and they'll let you wear a pad into the OR...they may have disposable mesh panties for you. I had my period on the day of surgery, and I just kinda held the pad there.

Please don't be embarrassed by it....it's just another normal (?) body function.

Best of luck to you!!!

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register