packing my bags, but not counting the days | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

packing my bags, but not counting the days packing my bags, but not counting the days

Unread 02-24-2002, 07:13 AM
packing my bags, but not counting the days

remind me what kind of nightwear/daywear to bring to the hosp - I know I do not want to wear a johnny - Iwillhave a million visitors, from docs on down (I was a VIP at this hosp for a long time - and know they will ignore the no visitors sign, of course thinking it does not mean them - I am practicing saying "please come back later" in the mirror, while giving my sister the evil eye so that she won't start talking or leave the room to entertain my guests...I just want to get pain relief, walking, pooping that gas away,and out of there...entertaining company is not on my list- and those who offer to help- that think a visit to the hospital will do it are wrong - as one sister said to say, I am saying, to those who ask " I will really need your visit and support once i am home"... and listen , about those pillows, I have tons in my house, my couch is not all that wide, but is 7 feet long, so - really, are couch pillows okay, when we talk pillow protection, under the legs, on the tummy, behind the head )already have 2 couch pillows and 2 bed pillows behind my head (as I sleep onthe couch already) ---or are we talking bed pillows, b/c I bought 3 new couch pillows, thinking that they have more protection b/t me and the car seat belt, laughs and coughs...I can return them if they are wrong (PS they were on sale and they match my living room
(castle keep) -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 08:23 AM
Hi Lynda

I didn't really use pillows but the ladies that have use anything from a body pillow to the tummy pillow. I slept in my recliner for the first couple of nights then went to my bed but I still didn't use pillows I did however keep one near me when I was in the recliner because my little furball like to walk across my tummy. She only did this once and then didn't do it again. Must have realized she shouldn't. Anyway can't think of any reason why the couch pillows wouldn't work. try them out put them between the knees, and under the tummy etc. I know it won't be exactly the same but it will give you an idea. I usually pushed my knee up and it supported my tummy. God Bless. I can tell you are going to be realllllly ready for this recovery.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register