nesting is making me exhausted | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

nesting is making me exhausted nesting is making me exhausted

Unread 02-24-2002, 07:18 AM
nesting is making me exhausted

listen, sisters, this is strange I know - but i am no where near menopause, have had no symptoms, and am praying for none as they perform surgery on the 6th of March - I like my house cold - will let company borrow sweatshirts if they can't take the (lack of) heat - but here's my question - I really do keep my house at 64 degrees most of the time, and sleep with one quilt, will this be enough, or are you cold after surgery? I remember reading about warm blankets as comforting in the hospital. at least - here is the question - but you know me - fast typer - and long winded - should I be getting out my electric blanket - i will not be able to reach it myself once I am "punctured" and could be too dazed and confused to tell my sister where to find a) the blanket and b) the controls for it ---and I am only talking about mine - I kept my old one for company...and no one, not even me will have an easy time finding that -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 07:25 AM

Hi Lynda!

It's anyone's guess as to how your body's thermostat will adjust after surgery - some gals do experience a colder nature at first. It would not be a bad idea to have the heating blanket out just in case -- good thinking! But you might not need it, and you won't know until you are home from surgery.
Unread 02-24-2002, 08:14 AM
Hi Lynda

I agree with toonces you never know until you get home after surgery. I was still having all those hot rushes, but some Princesses have cooled off for a while. So yes it would be a good idea to get that blanket out and ready if you need it. I also had night sweats until we got my hrt straightened out. God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 10:55 AM

Hi Lynda, you might also want to have a heating pad or hot water bottle handy that you can just drape over your belly. I found in the castle that I was pretty warm overall but some extra heat just in that area helped ease the pain, and they were bringing heated blankets every half hour which was nice. At home I used a heating pad the first couple of days and haven't needed it since.
- Linda

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register