anyone had lower back pain assoc with endo? - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anyone had lower back pain assoc with endo? anyone had lower back pain assoc with endo?

Unread 02-25-2002, 07:34 AM
anyone had lower back pain assoc with endo?

well I am looking forward to my surgery tomorrow because althouth it may not get rid of ALL the endo and resulting back ache and pelvic ache, it should definitely help it! It is difficult for others to understand because it is nearly impossible to describe the chronic deep pain and its location.
Well, I have just finished drinking the GoLightly stuff that cleans you out...am spending my last day home scrubbing the floors and cleaning the bathroom, anything to keep my mind occupied!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 07:58 AM

I also have endo and low back pain that is associated with it. Prayers go out to you on your surgery, and finishing the gallon of Goletely too. I had to drink that last night as I have a colonoscopy this afternoon (2/25), so I feel for you, but you will get through it and things will be easier soon. God Bless.
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:01 AM
endo & back pain

It's nice to know that my endo is the probable cause of the flairing back pain I am experiencing! Used to notice that my back hurt much more than it used to at the time of a period. Little by little, just like the endo, the back pain frequency has increased too! I am concerned because like Ldjon5, my pain is traveling down my leg and is enough to wake me up at night! I usually hit the Advil (wish I had something better) and then try to sleep on the floor, figuring a hard surface is better. Sitting is a problem too! Glad to learn that the hysterectomy may fix this too! I was getting concerned about how I was going to be able to lay around with my lower back feeling like it is about to :explode:!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 10:05 AM
Back Pain

I haven't been able to visit this web site since last Wednesday-02/20/02. I was tickled to find this topic. I have been having terrible lower back aches. Years ago it was only on one side-the right, but beginning last February it has been the entire lower back. Last February I woke up and couldn't move-I wasn't able to get out of bed. I went to the Emergency room and xrays were taken-everything was alright-except I still couldn't move. I went to an orthopedist and he told me I was alright. Eventually the pain lessened and I was able to go back to work.
Last Thursday, I woke up with a back ache and between that and cramping of the uterus-I went home to bed and stayed there for 3 days. Still have the back ache. I have never been diagnosed with endo but I have a sister and 2 aunts that have it. I have a high tolerance for pain. I am wondering if the reason my back is hurting is because of endo. Many years ago when I was 17, I had grapefruit size cyst on right ovary but was given BCP and the cyst went away. I also am having pains that go from hip bone to hip bone-like I excersised too much but believe me, I haven't. I see my doc for pre op 02/27 so I'll ask him these questions as well, but the thought that it may be endo and gone in 10 days-03/07/02 date of surgery. I just wanted to know if anyone thinks this might be possible?
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:14 AM

sounds a lot like my symptoms. It sounds like others also have experienced this from the posts, so there may be hope for us!
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:33 AM
Triplets

Hi Rose. I to have back pain and aching in the pelvic area. As a matter of fact I was complaining to my dh last night about the ache. He wasn't sure what I was feeling so I explained that it feels as if I have a "growing pain" but in my lower ab. Then the back ache is usually there all the time. I go in tomorrow at 7:30 am. I am not as scared as I was yesterday. I'll be glad to be relieved of these aches and pains. I didn't have to drink anything to clean me out but I did take a lax last night and am on complete liquids today. Just want to make sure I don't have a hard time afterward.

Hope you have a speedy recovery.

I'll say a :er for all us 26ers.

Unread 02-25-2002, 10:53 AM
Back pain and Endo

Oh, yes. I do and it's terrible. I don't mean to be gross but my doctor says that I have endo growing all over my colon. I even saw it on the photos from my diagnostic Laparoscopy from 6 weeks ago. Yuck! Plus my uterus is attached to part of my colon. The pain is just about unbearable. I am living on pain pills. I have found that the symptoms that I have been having hardly match most of those generic symptom lists. Everyone is different. I will be thinking good thoughts for you when you go to the castle. Here's to being pain-free at last!

Lorla

Unread 02-25-2002, 12:04 PM

Back pain? Colon probs? Yup, me too. I've had to backaches in the last 6months that start just before my period and take me down - as if I've "thrown out" my back. But then my period eventually (!!) starts and ends and the whole backache is "poof" gone.

I didn't realize how messed up my gut was until I sent for the surgery report of the myomectomy/laparatomy that I had done back in '94 when my DH and I were still trying to conceive. Lots 'o fibroids, endo, cyst on the ovary, possible andeno...gads. My new doctor, who will do my TAH/BSO on April 1 will have his hands full (of junk I am ready to get rid of!).

I do remember, with my prior surgery, that I had had that whole colon IBS thing going on - and after the surgery it completely cleared up and I had normal bms. I also no longer had to urinate 4 times at night (that is currently not a problem).

The backache goes down my legs - and never really feels like lower back - more like hip area!

Good luck and look forward to a painless summer!
Unread 02-25-2002, 12:13 PM
Me too!

Oh, Yes! Constant terrible back pain, pain shooting down the legs, stabbing pain in the pelvis...... It is all too familiar and so very energy sapping! It is amazing how badly pain tires one out! There is not a minute that I am not wiped out.
I'm having it all taken out in June and am looking forward to it! I hear some ladies saying that they still have pain after the surgery, I am keeping the faith that mine will be gone!!!

Hugs to all of you

Deb

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register