Home and feeling great | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home and feeling great Home and feeling great

Unread 02-24-2002, 12:29 PM
Home and feeling great

Hi, Sisters!

I came home today (about 2 hours ago) and I'm feeling great! Thanks to all of you for the support! My whole experience was so much better than I could ever have anticipated....from my wonderful doctor to the incredible staff at the castle. Wednesday is somewhat of a fog, but by Thursday, I was feeling good enough to throw a little makeup on this scary face. The pain was so much less than l expected...which is a really good thing! In fact, I haven't yet had any paid meds today. Got the staples removed this morning after my shower (that felt good!) and now I'm home getting waited on! I notice I tire quicker than I used to so I will pay good attention to that and rest often.

My wonderful, incredible doctor is extremely pleased with how well the surgery went and how clean everything looks since the Lupron injection 3 months ago, so he is only putting me on Estrogen, not progesterone.

Well, I'm going to go back to the couch now. Thanks again, and I'll check in now and then!

The Newly Crowned Princess Michele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 12:46 PM
Yippee!

You go girlfriend! I haven't had any pain meds today either. I took an Aleve ONLY as a precautionary measure!

Take care Princess!
Reba
Unread 02-24-2002, 01:10 PM
Home and feeling great

Wow! what shinny Crowns

Good to hear you are doing well, nows the time to get pampered, plenty to drink, and lots of REST!

Let us know how you are getting on soon as you feel up to it.

Take care
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 01:11 PM
Home and feeling great

Good to hear you are recovering nicely Michele!! Encouraging for me, as I sit and wait and wait!

Sara
Unread 02-24-2002, 05:31 PM
Home and feeling great

When I returned home from the castle, I found that taking Aleve really helped me more than anything! Somehow, it really did help those painful muscles. I tohught it worked even better than Advil.
Unread 02-24-2002, 05:47 PM
Home and feeling great

Glad you are doing well Michelle, I wasn't real good at following Dr's orders but I didn't and couldn't lift, tug, reach for even longer than the Dr's restrictions, don't go tugging, pulling, lifting or reaching!!!!!!!!i
Unread 02-25-2002, 04:51 AM
comforting

As much as I have appreciated all the help in preparing for the actual surgery I can't begin to tell you how much the quick post op posts have helped. Being two or three days post op and doing so well is very encouraging. Thanks for your posts to help the rest of us out here waiting to hold on to the positives!
Unread 03-01-2002, 11:46 PM
Home and feeling great

LDjohn...I am now 9 days post op...using Advil during the day if I need it for muscular aches, vicodin at night if I need it and walking a bit off and on during the day. I had several friends over frm my office today and they were shocked at how well I was doing. Dressed, hair and makeup done and moving around fairly well. I pray he same for you after Monday. Best of luck to you on your surgery Monday and let us know when you're up to posting and feeling like telling us how you're doing.

s to the new rincess:
Unread 03-02-2002, 11:18 AM
Home and feeling great

Welcome Home Michele
I am so glad to hear that you are home and doing well.
Be sure and get lots of
Enjoy being pampered.
Take Care
Unread 03-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Home and feeling great

I am so thrilled that you did so well, but now you must rest - I want to be just like you - hope i am well enough, and my sister will let me post that I am "alive and well" when I get out - thanks for thinking of us "LIW's" - wishing you love,luck and laughter, Lynda

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register