So emotional | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-24-2002, 12:50 PM
So emotional

Hi.. I am writing to say I have finally made the decision of having the surgery as I wrote last week but I am so emotional!!!

I wonder if this is normal even though I know this is the right thing to do with me bleeding every day of my life practically, and having the severe pain and tiredness I always have or if I am just being a wimp?

A friend trying to cheer me up said I was upset because after the surgery that the welcome person at Wal-Mart wouldn't know what I was coming in there for if I wasn't buying tampons (which by now I should own stock in tampax or that while I was in the castle I wouldn't be able to wear my thongs. I need your support and re-assurance that it will all be o.k.
Thanks to all for listening. My dh is thankful for this site too because when I question myself and he is so supportive but he will say go and talk to your hystersisters and get their added support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 01:17 PM
So emotional

You're no wimp ... join the club. No matter how tough or stable most of us are, we all go through that. At least you're laughing about the anticipated drop in sales at Wal-Mart !!!

Laughter is truly the best medicine, especially when we're needing a great cry. Stay tuned OFTEN. You'll also find that we need you as much as you need us.
Unread 02-24-2002, 01:27 PM
So emotional

I can relate to what you are going through. I have been waiting for this surgery since diagnosed in December with fibroids and a fallen bladder.

My surgery is scheduled for this Wed. and I have questioned myself many times over the last couple of months if I were doing the right thing. It wouldn't be long after that I would have pain or pee my pants and then that was assure me I was making the right decision.

I think it is human nature to second guess ourselves especially concerning surgery. I'm looking forward now and not backward.
I'm going to have a great attitude towards this which I think will only help my recovery.

Am I still scared?? You bet but I also know that my quality of life is going to be great afterwards and the thought of NEVER having a period again, sure doesn't make me cry! Yippee

I've read many postings from this site and most of the women said that waiting is the hardest part. I'll be able to tell you after Wednesday.

I pray that you'll feel comfortable with whatever decision you make.

This site has answered soooo many questions that I had and it has helped me feel much more comfortable with my decision.

God Bless
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:58 AM
So emotional

I was in shock last Wednesday when they scheduled me for this Wednesday.

I cried and cried. Still crying.

But, I think the waiting is the worst part...2 more sleeps for me!

The way I see it is that if you are in pain for a reason that can be fixed, and you are scared about the operation...then you are normal and human.

This site is a great help...I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't searched for "hysterectomy" on Google last Wednesday. The support of these ladies-in-waiting and are unbelieveable! My hubby is estatic that I have an outlet and resource. I plan on giving the web site addy to my surgeons tomorrow at the pre-op.

Sara
Unread 02-25-2002, 08:37 AM
We have each other.

Yes, you are quiet normal, as I can see we all are!! The one constant we all have is the help of this site and each other.

I am so relieved to say that friday I sceduled my surgery for March 15th.

I will be having a TAH for fibroids, heavy bleeding (daily)anemia, abdominal pain.

This will be the first time in 20 years of pain free months, no more planning vacations around my period, no more embarrassing "accidents", no more emotional roller coaster of wondering if maybe this month I am pregnant.

That is the way I look at it. I (we) can finally concentrate on our futures instead of our uteruses!

Has anybody out there thought about adoption or have adopted. I am an newlywed (last November 2nd)and I am lucky that my dh is all for adoption.

I would love to hear if anyone out there has gone through the process.

My thoughts go out to all of us who will be having (or already have had)surgery......

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register