home from LAVH on 20th Feb | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

home from LAVH on 20th Feb home from LAVH on 20th Feb

Unread 02-24-2002, 03:12 PM
home from LAVH on 20th Feb

Just wanting to let every one know how I am doing. Had my surgery on Wed 5pm and was home on Friday 6pm. All went well was in theatre for just over 2 hours. Have 4 abdominal incisions which are still very tender but are healing nicely. Had a reaction to the morphine, so was not allowed anymore for pain relief so had to have pethidine. I am so surprised at how little I can do before getting exhausted. Having a shower tires me out and I have to rest afterwards!!! Yesterday I peeled some potatoes for tea and set the table, was amazed at how much I hurt after. I am finding it so hard to just rest and not do anything, I get so frustrated that i can not help around the house and I am so bored already!!!! My surgeon said not to do anything at all for 2 weeks and then to gradually start to do things, I think I will have gone stir crazy by then. I am so grateful to you all for your well wishes and advice on this site, and I have to agree that the waiting is the worst. Will keep in touch, thanks again, Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-24-2002, 03:42 PM
home from LAVH on 20th Feb

Hi Sarah,

Good to hear you doing ok, but you really should rest up for the time your dr said....I also found it hard to rest and not do anything, but learned my lesson after doing just the smallest of things....remember you have had major surgery and the least you do, just for those first few weeks really does help with the quickness of the healing, it will be worth it. I made just a simple vegie soup after few days of coming home, chopped carrots etc, but its amazing how I felt the pressure in my stomach, also I felt really great and thought I would just tidy up the bathroom, did everything really slow, but boy did I pay for it the next 2/3 dys afterwards, so just try and take it easy hun, enjoy being a pampered

Try and drop by into the chatroom when you get the chance, theres lots of support and its great fun!

s
Unread 02-24-2002, 04:17 PM
Welcome Home!

Glad to hear things went well. I don't know you yet, I just joined this site not long ago. I am heading for a possible Hysterectomy in May or June 2002 time frame and am here to get all the info that I can. Anyways, rest, drink lots of fluids.. and most important.. enjoy being the new you!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register