Medication, Medication, Medication!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Medication, Medication, Medication!! Medication, Medication, Medication!!

Unread 02-24-2002, 08:42 PM
Medication, Medication, Medication!!

Good Evening Sisters, I haven't written for awhile since my OB put my surgery off because my ovarian cyst disipated. Anyhow, here I am 4 months later with a huge ovarian cyst and bleeding for over one month and am going to schedule my TAH this Thursday, 2/28/02.

I am just so petrified. I already take zoloft, klonopin, prilosec and ambien, as well as hydrocodone for pain. Now I scared of taking the HRT. My doc said it would be the lowest dose possible of just estrogen. I don't know if he is including any progesterone (I will ask). I'm worried about how all these meds are going to effect my head, my emotions, etc.

My heart is already breaking about the whole thing. Is anyone else feeling so at a lose right now.

Looking forward to hearing from my sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:10 AM

I assume that your doc has all this info and he will prescribe the proper HRT for you. I know that some sisters have had trouble with regulating HRT, I have been fortunate up to this point and have had no problems. Try not to focus too much on this and put some trust in your doc. Make a list of your concerns so you don't forget anything at your next appt. Make notes in the office of his answers too. I hope that will help to put you more at ease.

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:27 AM

Nucc - I had estrogen patch put on the day after surgery..but opted to take daily estrogen pill (no progesterone) once home. I haven't had any problems...however, I'm not on any other types of medications (other than vitamin daily).

Something that is VERY important...is IF you have more than one dr. prescribing your medications...you need to make sure all drs. know what you're taking. It's also good to check with pharamacists about drug interactions...they can usually print stuff off for you if asked. I found a website once that did searches on drug interactions..where you could actually list the drugs to see how they interacted with each other...can't remember where that was..but it's on the www somewhere.

Good luck and keep us posted.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:34 AM
i can relate to what you are saying

i have in the past had a rough time of it,with depression. but have had years of therapy. it is my belief that surely all that work in therapy will stand its ground when and if my emotions get out of sorts. when i first thought about it i thought oh no, i'm doing so well now {for almost 7 years}. i can't risk getting sick again like that. my emotional problems were aggrivated by the way i thought about myself{very low self esteem/extreme sadness].now at the age of 45 i finally live in today and accept the past.it took alot of work to get there.i believe that's what's going to get me though this and the other events in my life.for me i live the serenity prayer,not only the short version but the entire prayer.it truely calms me. let me know if you need a copy of it i'll send it to you. ghsangel25:scheduled on thursday,the 28th for tah.
Unread 02-27-2002, 05:26 PM
medication medication medication

Hi there, this is my very first time using this forum so hopefully I get it right! I know how your feeling about the hormone issues. I found out 10 days ago that I need a TAH. Mine is scheduled for Friday March 1st at 1pm, so I had to do some fast reading on the subject...2 great books to read "THE ESTROGEN ALTERNATIVE" and "WHAT YOUR DR MAY NOT TELL YOU ABOUT MENOPAUSE" I am comfortable with my choices wich will be the all natural estrogen( ESTRODIOL) and a trans dermal progesterone. Both these books will tell you what you need to know....give em a read! And good luck.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register