Hairdryer in hospital? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hairdryer in hospital? Hairdryer in hospital?

Unread 02-25-2002, 04:43 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

I know this is really trivial, but I am scheduled to become a princess tomorrow and am down to the really dumb things to worry about. I am wondering if anyone who took a hairdryer to the castle actually used it. My dr says I will be there for three nights, so I know I will want to shower, but then what? Lay in bed with wet hair? Will I feel up to blow drying my hair? No sense in lugging it along if it won't get used, but I just can't decide. Thanks for your help. This board has been great while I have been waiting.
The amazingly calm Nellie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:49 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

I too have that question. Am concentrating on the trivial things today to keep my mind off the surgery tomorrow! Was wondering about the hair cryer and laying in hosp bed with wet hair!
:-)
Unread 02-25-2002, 06:12 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

Most hospitals have hairdryers in the shower area...built into the wall like at hotels.

Call yours and ask if they have them!

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:18 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

That's not trivial at all! My hospital did not have a hairdryer and I didn't take one. Thankfully, my hair is short and towelled dry alright. You may want to take one just in case and you should feel good enough to stand in the shower and then blow dry your hair after. Good luck to you! Soon you will be on the road to recovery.....Keep thinking good thoughts.
JuneBug
Unread 02-25-2002, 09:50 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

The hospital I was in didn't have hairdryers in the bathrooms and I didn't take one. I figured if I did need one hubby could bring it to me. I only stayed in the hospital two nights and was so tired while there that I showered without washing my hair. I just wasn't fit enough for it, but it was the first thing I did once I was home.

Good luck!

Pamela
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:29 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

Can I just say you ladies are awesome? I hadn't thought of a hairdryer, but I have long hair and a tendency to chill, so I'm *really* glad you brought this up!

Don't they say God is in the details? :0

Melissa
Unread 02-25-2002, 10:52 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

Hi all !!

I have very course, frizzy hair, so a hair dryer is a must! My hospital did not have them, and I spent 3 nights there !

So, after my shower I had to let my hair dry naturally....YUK !!!

My DH was at work, so I couldn't have him bring it up. Actually, I probably would have felt up to drying it if i could have sat in bed to do it. I had a TAH/Burch. I think I would have said forget it if I would have had to stand up to do it.

Hope this helps !!
Unread 02-25-2002, 11:13 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

Hi all, no question is too trivial if it's making you worry needlessly. I took a hair dryer because even though my Castle had them, they were woefully "underpowered" (I have long hair). Suggestion - take a smaller lighter one if you have it, so it's easier for you to use if you're tired.
Good luck, and

s,

- Linda
Unread 02-25-2002, 11:24 AM
Hairdryer in hospital?

I did not take a hairdryer nor did I ever feel good enough to use it even if I had it. It took all I had just to shower !! If it makes you feel better, I would take one along.....Hugs Teresa

TAH/BSO 1/21/02 Endo, ovarian cysts aned heavy bleeding for many years....
Unread 02-25-2002, 06:30 PM
Hairdryer in hospital?

Not a trivial question at all! I just got home from the castle yesterday. I took my hairdryer and though I wasn't allowed to shower until Saturday (surgery was Wed), on Friday, I went into my bathroom, threw some water and gel on my hair and scrunched it a bit with the hairdryer! On Saturday, I did the whole she-bang! Take it with you, just in case you feel up to using it.

Good luck!

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register