Back Home, Feel Great | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Back Home, Feel Great Back Home, Feel Great

Unread 02-25-2002, 08:57 AM
Back Home, Feel Great

Only a 48 hr. hospital stay. Glad to be home and feel exceptionally well.

Was out of surgery and recovery by 11 am. The anesthesia really knocked me out. The nurses let me sleep it off . Unfortunately the demerol in my PCA made me very ill. I had no actual pain due to the incisions but due to gas. Excruciating and nothing a pain killer will fix. No major complications, just little stuff. IV infiltration in the hand and not enough nurses to give you the full attention you might like.

I'm home though now though and am very comfortable. Antibiotics make me tired and the occasional pain killer makes me groggy enough in the head that I make no sense when I speak. :-) I spend my days camped out in the recliner with tons of pillows and water. Laptop next to me to keep me busy when I come out of my deep naps. BLISS!

For all you LIW, I wish you all the best.

Pamela
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Back Home, Feel Great

So glad to hear you are home! Sounds like you had a fairly smooth castle stay:-)) Now you know the drill.. rest, drink, walk, repeat!
Unread 02-25-2002, 09:32 AM
home

Welcome home Pamela. It felt so wonderful to just be home rather than the hospital. I did quite a bit of sleeping the first day or so. Just take it easy and listen to your body. Glad the surgery went well. They found endo with me during the surgery which led to a TVH and both ovaries removed. Had some laughs over my internal thermostat going out of whack immediately. Hubby can't believe I will kick the bed covers off at night or that my feet are actually warm rather than ice. I remember the gas being the most painful thing. My doctor recommended continuing the stool softeners and chewable gas pills while I was taking pain meds to ease things. It made a difference. I was always thirsty due to dry mouth so drinking lots of juice and water was never a problem.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register