HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Separate Surgeries

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Complex cyst with solid mass Complex cyst with solid mass

Unread 04-29-2013, 09:33 PM
Unhappy - Complex cyst with solid mass Complex cyst with solid mass

I don't even know where to begin! I've been going through so much since last February it isn't funny and have only gotten "I don't knows" from my doctors. I finally went to Mayo Clinic where they did a lot of blood work. They found I'm deficient in B12 and Vitamin D and high seg/neutrophils, low lymphocytes, low iron, low ferritin..too many to list! My lab has been abnormal since Mar. 2012. When Mayo sent me to physical therapy for my back pain and my primary to figure out why my levels were low I was only given b12 and vitamin d in hopes to get rid of the fatigue and muscle pain and spasms. About a month later I experienced pain in my right abdomen (this was not something new) and nausea/vomiting so I went back to the doctor and complained. My former doctor, since 2011, blamed it on IBS and dismissed it. I switched docs in Oct 2012 when I was getting nowhere! My current doc sent me in for an ultrasound and I knew they'd find a cyst as I've always had one on my right ovary - even at the time of the hysterectomy. At one point it was 1 cm but went down to 6 mm. Now it's 2.1 cm and hemmorhaging and I have a 2.4 cm solid mass along with it!! The mass is listed as "eccentric" and as a neoplasm until ruled out by my gynecologist. I kept my ovaries from my hysterectomy in Nov. 2010. Now I'm wishing I didn't. With my severely abnormal blood lab, low vitamin d and a family history of cancer, I'm really nervous about this. I've had tumors in other areas (uterus, anal/colon) but now my ovary? I go to my gynecologist on Thursday and had a transvaginal ultrasound this morning. I get those results on Wednesday. Has anybody else had this issue? I have had fatigue since Feb. 2012, back pain, muscle pain, a horrible "ripping pain" coming from my abdomen, nausea, vomiting and generalized gnawing pain. Sometimes I wonder if that's when the cyst bursts/hemorrhages? I don't know. Looking for some support. I just hope to god it's not cancerous. Does a gynecologist, when you have a hemorrhaging cyst and mass usually remove your ovaries? At this point, I want them out! I'm sick of being sick! It's no fun throwing up either!
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Re: Complex cyst with solid mass

I think it all depends on where the cyst is and if it is attached to the ovary or not. If it's attached, your doctor will probably have to remove the ovary also. Sometimes the doctor may be able to separate the cyst from the ovary and just take the cyst. Good question to ask your doctor before surgery.

Unread 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM

Doctor chose to remove it. After the 2nd ultrasound she's not seeing the mass anymore, but my ovary is indeed a mess. I'll be having surgery on May 20th via Da Vinci robotic salpingo oophorectomy. A bit nervous but I'm sure I'll be fine. I was going to go ahead and get the TVT surgery as well but after viewing a video of it, I don't think I want to have it done anymore! It looks horrible!
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:05 PM

First off, I just want to say good for you for being so proactive about your pain! I have been in a similar situation with severe back pain & just get so tired of doctors who brush me off. I finally found a great gyn who has been a Godsend for me & she did my bso last Wednesday. I'm sorry about your cysts, but yes, I've had a lot of the symptoms you wrote about. I hope your surgery goes well & gives you some answers you're looking for. Please feel free to message me if you want to talk more. Hugs to you.
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:55 PM

How is your recovery going? What was you pain level upon going home...and how well were you able to get around the house/walking, etc? This is the first surgery where my husband will actually be home! He's in the Army and I've always had to have a friend bring me and once I was dropped off, it was just me and my 2 kids who didn't want to help me. They'd argue about who had to get me a glass of water or some food! My concern is getting up the steps into my house.
Unread 05-07-2013, 03:14 PM

My story:
Went to my family doctor because my bladder felt full, and I had some abdominal pain. My urine came back negative for any type of infection, so he sent me in for an ultrasound on my ovary. (I had a hysto back in 2011 and only one ovary is left). The results showed a cyst, and a large mass... 8cm. About the size of a tennis ball! Went straight to my ob/gyn the next week and she ordered a CA125 test to check for any cancerous cells. The results came back very low (which is good). I go in Friday to have the ovary removed. She is not worried about any cancer and feels it's just the endometriosis.
I know your anxiety right now, but stay positive!! And whatever you do, DO NOT start searching the internet for things! That just makes it worse.
Good luck with your surgery, and keep us posted.
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug43 View Post
My story:
Went to my family doctor because my bladder felt full, and I had some abdominal pain. My urine came back negative for any type of infection, so he sent me in for an ultrasound on my ovary. (I had a hysto back in 2011 and only one ovary is left). The results showed a cyst, and a large mass... 8cm. About the size of a tennis ball! Went straight to my ob/gyn the next week and she ordered a CA125 test to check for any cancerous cells. The results came back very low (which is good). I go in Friday to have the ovary removed. She is not worried about any cancer and feels it's just the endometriosis.
I know your anxiety right now, but stay positive!! And whatever you do, DO NOT start searching the internet for things! That just makes it worse.
Good luck with your surgery, and keep us posted.
Ugh! You're too late in saying DO NOT start searching the internet! hahaha I am probably going to "avoid" the second surgery (stress induced urinary incontinence). I watched videos of the surgery and oh my goodness!!! No way! I did watch a video on the Burch procedure. That wouldn't be so bad as I'd already have the incisions from the oophorectomy. I don't know which procedure my doc is planning on doing until next Wednesday when I see her again. If she says TVT I'm saying NO! My doc never did order the CA 125. I don't know if it's something the hospital will do at pre-op but it takes forever to get the results back anyway. My doc just plans on opening me up and taking a look to see what she's dealing with. If she sees anything odd she'll call in the oncologist I guess. The ovary removal is fine as it will alleviate many of my issues but a bladder sling, I'm afraid will create more problems.

Keep in touch and let me know how you're doing and how your surgery goes. Are they planning on doing it on an outpatient basis?
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Talking - Complex cyst with solid mass Re: Complex cyst with solid mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junebug43 View Post
My story:
And whatever you do, DO NOT start searching the internet for things! That just makes it worse.
This made me laugh out loud, Junebug. I've been asymptomatic, but since I found out about my "mass," and have googled a lot of terms, I now have symptoms. It's possible that I dismissed them as normal before, but I had no symptoms until I started read about them!
Unread 05-15-2013, 05:28 PM
Complex cyst with solid mass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMatilda View Post
This made me laugh out loud, Junebug. I've been asymptomatic, but since I found out about my "mass," and have googled a lot of terms, I now have symptoms. It's possible that I dismissed them as normal before, but I had no symptoms until I started read about them!

I was the same way! But no matter what you look up, the symptoms are ALL the same. So, I just put my computer down and listened to my doctors. And guess what?! I am FINE. Worried myself over nothing. So stop Googleing and go out and have fun. No sense in worrying until there is something to really worry about.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.