Pre-Op Nerves Are Taking Over | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-Op Nerves Are Taking Over Pre-Op Nerves Are Taking Over

Unread 02-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Pre-Op Nerves Are Taking Over

Hello My Sisters,

I feel like I am losing my mind. I am trying so hard to keep busy, yet I feel drained & tired. My 34th b-day is March 12th and I never imagined myself in this position. I always felt I would be at a different place with my life.

I know I need to clean the house before Friday. I know I wanted to make special CD's of music I enjoy for the hospital and for when I come home. I know the laundry has to get done, the vacuuming, the mopping. The kitchen cabinets need to washed down, there's dust everywhere. I have a 6 year old daughter to take care of and 4 cats. My husband works far from home and doesn't get home until late in the evening.

Knowing all this and wanting to go to the hospital with everything "in order" is making me crazy. I just feel like laying down. I have no energy, yet when I do lay down I can't sleep.

I am just scared about "after". I have never been the healthiest person in the world and this just terrifies me. I always use to feel that when I got my period every month I felt like a woman. I don't know how I'm going to feel after. I am losing parts of me that created my daughter. Parts of me that I was born with. I know I need the surgery because there is no other alternative at this point, but part of me just wants to run away and sit on the beach in the sun looking at the ocean like I did before I was married and had my daughter. Maybe I want to be 23 again. Maybe I should have savored those moments more. I made my will today (just in case) and even though it sounds morbid, I am making some arrangements in writing of my wishes and letters to certain people; especialy my daughter.

I'm anxious, lethargic, scared, light-headed, etc. I feel like I'm watching this happen to someone else. When I see my Dr. on Thursday 2/28 I am asking him kindly to schedule me hopefully for Friday. I don't think I can take another day, let alone days or weeks.

Thank you sisters for your advice, help, humor, courage and all things women should be. I need my Strength of Heart right now. I always use to say that to friends that were in need. I'm repeating it constantly to myself. I hope it gets through.

I'm available to chat and if you feel like responding I'd love that too!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 03:52 PM

I know just what you mean about nerves! I found out I needed a hysterectomy when I was 34. I have postponed my surgery for 4 years now because I was so scared and I just felt certain I wouldn`t live thru the surgery or complications.(I`ve never been a healthy person either). The Hyster Sisters site and talking to ladies I know who have had the surgery has helped me so much. I have an appointment with my doctor on March 7 to set the date for my surgery. I never thought I would see this day but the wonderful ladies here have helped me find the courage I need. My surgery is for uterine prolapse, anemia from irregular heavy bleeding. What are your reasons for surgery?
I just wanted to send hugs your way and feel free to e-mail me if you would like!
kdabbs@hiwaay.net
Unread 02-25-2002, 04:05 PM

I had my surgery scheduled in one week! I went in last week for a reading of my ultrasound. They gave me another u/s as they couldn't fnd the results, they weren't transcribed yet. *gotta love the military*

Then, I had a lovely uterine sampling. Wow, wasn't that fun for me?

"They" wanted me to wait 3-4 weeks for a hyster. I told them that I couldn't drive my kid to school. ASAP is needed here.

So, I go in on Wednesday morning. The waiting so far has been the worst part. Haha, of course I haven't even been admitted yet.

I go for my pre-op tomorrow morning to find out the time of surgery. I'm pretty sure early as nothing after midnight has been told to me already. Oh! And Go-Lyte as I'm getting a TAH. Lucky me!

Thinking good thoughts for you!

Sara

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register