My last period | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My last period My last period

Unread 02-25-2002, 03:54 PM
My last period

I am scheduled for my TAH on 3/12. Today I started my period..it hit me that this will be my very last period. It made me rather sad..but at the same time very elated. Hard to explain this feeling.
I also had my last ultrasound to check on the increasing size of my multiple fibroids this evening. The tech said he could find no healthy uterine tissue..I was multiple fibroids on top of fibroids...I asked him to tell me the size in inches..8 inches long by 5 inches wide. Wow! I had to come home and draw out the dimensions on a piece of paper to really grasp the size.
I have been fortunate to not have to experience the horrors of the heavy bleeding with all my fibroids. My complaint is intense pressure and constant pee'ing..as well as ( this is kinda gross) pain having a bowel movements. There just isn't any room anymore! I also enjoy working out and have found I can't bend over any more on the exercise bike without feeling my uterus. A lot of pressure and discomfort.
Oh well, I am scheduled for my pre op appointment next Tuesday and I am thinking of going the way of a spinal vs. general anesthesia. Any one wishing to give me pro's or con's if they had a spinal..please let me know!!
thanks all
Mavie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 04:09 PM
My last period

Hi Mavie!

I too have fibroids...but unlike you, *ya lucky thang* I had the massive bleeding!

I can totally relate to the pressure, I hate this feeling!

I'm going to my pre-op tomorrow morning and I plan on asking my "A" guy what my choices are. I have read on the board, you can search for spinal, that it's easier recovery!

Sara
Unread 02-25-2002, 05:15 PM
My last period

Hello Mavie
WOW!! I too had fibroids, but nothing like what you just explained.. I can certainly understand the pressure on the bladder. I had a TAH/BSO almost 15 months ago now; and I have felt great since. I too like to work out, I go to the gym a few times a week, bending now is pain free. I hope you have a great recovery hun, Take care.
Kathy
TAH/BSO 12/08/00 FIBROIDS/ADENO

LIFE IS WHAT WE MAKE OF IT.....I CHOSE TO LIVE IT TO THE FULLEST!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:27 PM
My last period

Hi Mavie!
I had my post - op stuff done today. The nurse said I was healthy as a horse except for the 4 month pregnant uterus! Here's a thought.....do you think that post-surgery (after delivery) I will have a nice flat tummy?
As for my period, I found a way to fix that one too,.... it's due the day of surgery! Ha!

Looking forward to my (labor & delivery),
Pre-op Princess

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register