pre-princess state! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-princess state! pre-princess state!

Unread 02-25-2002, 04:44 PM
pre-princess state!

Hey, everyone! I just found this site, and love it! I am scheduled for a tah, possible lso on March 13. I am actually looking forward to being out of the constant pain from adenomyosis, although I am sure that the surgery will not be a picnic. I would love any and all advice, esp. how to help young children understand what is going on with mom. Also, advice on how to help my husband understand what is going on, and how to help him cope. Thanks, and I hope to see you in Hyster land soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:09 PM
Welcome!!!!!

Hey there kcrohn

Welcome to hystersisters!!!!! Big This is a great site to help you on your road to your royal crowning .

We have a 4yo. We let her see my incision from my TAH and explained to her it was a boo boo and that i had a sore tummy that would need lots of time to heal. We told her she could give me as she calls them "lovies" but she had to be very careful and not jump on me. I think seeing my incision made her understand that i needed to heal.

As for your hubby. Well me and my dbf talk in length over and over of my ordeal. Which it was his ordeal as well. He was the one taking care of my postop and wow! he did wonderfully.

Any questions you or him have, go to the top of the forums page. There are a row of small purple buttons. Use the search button then type in your subject or key words to find post that have covered the things you want to know. Also as you cruise these forums make a list of questions for your Dr as well. Have your hubby make his own list or work on one with you. You both can learn all you can to understand best of whats going on.

I had a TAH due to Adenomyosis, High level dysplasia and uterin and cervical cyst. I am almost 10 weeks postop now. Anything you might wanna ask please feel free to do so.

wild_irish_rogue@hotmail.com

AOL's IM Shell6766

Take care and be well. You will make a beautiful princess
Unread 02-25-2002, 05:47 PM
pre-princess state!

Hi Kcrohn!

So glad you found us!

The pull down menus on the home page have some great advice for how others (like DH) can help you. Here is the link:

http://www.hystersisters.com/care.php

I think Shell gave you some great advice on what to tell young children. Please be a good princess when you get home and do NOT overdo it ... no lifting of small children, or anything else that weighs more than 10 pounds for the first 6 weeks. I know this is hard when you have small children, but please don't end up like some other ladies who made this mistake and ended up with hernias!

Best of luck to you! Life without pain is wonderful

Beth

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register