New here, set the date today and scared | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New here, set the date today and scared New here, set the date today and scared

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:22 PM
New here, set the date today and scared

Hello. My name is JoAnn. I am 32 yrs old and have been suffering from "woman" problems for over 6 years, mainly infertility and chronic severe pelvic pain. After many visits to many doctors, one finally did a laparoscopy and found I had PCOS. I have had 2 surgeries in the past 8 months to remove solid cysts and adhesions. My last surgery was only 2 mos ago and I am already in pain with cysts on my ovaries. I have tried several different BCPs but I cannot tolerate them. I have really spent the last 2 years in constant pain to the point I could not walk (especially after intercourse). I have 2 beautiful children (twins) and I feel I am blessed by them but we are not having any more children. My GYN offered a hysterectomy because he feels there is nothing more that can be done to end the pain. I agree. I just want to live my life again, run with my children and make love to my husband, not live sitting on the couch crying in pain with heat pads. I don't know what to expect. This is all new to me. I guess I have fears of hormone problems and weight gain but that is it. I know I cannot live in pain like this until menopause. I am scared and I hope to find the information I need to make sure this is smooth as can be for me.
Thanks for listening.
TAH 3/13/02
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 05:33 PM

Hi JoAnn,
So glad that you found us

It is so normal to be afraid. Please don't think you are the only one ... all of us were afraid when deciding to have a hyst. But you deserve a life without pain. Try to focus on how good you will feel a few weeks after surgery. I know there are so many things to worry about, but please try to keep a positive attitude about the surgery outcome. You are doing this to get your life back.

I had a TAH/BSO about 3 months ago due to severe endo. I was very skeptical that THIS surgery really would "cure" all my pain and intestinal problems. Guess what? I am feeling so good, it is like a miracle! Don't get me wrong, the first couple of weeks after surgery were rough, but knowing what I know now ... so worth it. Hang in there, JoAnn. You deserve better and so do your kids and husband. When is your surgery scheduled? Do you have long to wait? As everyone here will tell you, the waiting truly is the hardest part. Best of luck!

Beth
Unread 02-25-2002, 05:33 PM
Hi JoAnn Sweety,

Boy have you found the right place. First let me say that I have never felt better in about 41 years than I do today because of having my hyst. You and your DR sound like you have exhausted all the other routes. I have been traveling through the hormone jungle for about 8 months. I have had my ups and downs, but I believe that even my downs were not as bad as what I have experienced in my 41 years and a woman. I started at the age of 10 and from there got worse as the years went by. When I married at 19 I hoped to have children, that was not to be anyway not like most women. I have one DS and he is such a gift from God. I finally managed to get him here healthy and couldn't have anymore. But I kept putting off the surgery and I really don't know why. I finally came to the conclusion like you I could not wait until menopause. Keep reading the boards go to the hormone jungle read there and see what the ladies say. I also have had some weight gain but I am a big girl anyway so whoes to say that I wouldn't have gained regardless. So hang in there and do a lot of reading. One thing to know you are not alone. We are here 24/7 so if you want to talk, or just vent come on down. God bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-25-2002, 06:19 PM

Hi and welcome to the best place around for information, support and hugs!

A great place to start reading is on our home page, down at the bottom. You'll find the famous "Pull Down Menus", and "Princesses Tell Their Stories". These are the experiences of many of our sisters here and their various procedures. The lists there will help you get yourself, your family and your home ready for surgery and recovery.

Keep reading, keep posting all your questions, and try to stop by Chat. This is a great resource and we are SO happy you found us!

We'll be here to help you every step of the way!

s to you!

Karen

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register