HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!

Puffy Pubic Mound & Sore Groin Puffy Pubic Mound & Sore Groin

Unread 05-07-2013, 04:34 PM
Puffy Pubic Mound & Sore Groin

I am 7 days post op from Di Vinici. Uterus, tubes, overies, cervix, and some pelvic lymph nodes all gone. Feeling great around all incision points. Been going on 20 minute walks with no problem.

Except, my PUBIC MOUND hurts badly. It is puffy, sensitive to the touch, it feels like there is fluid under the skin, and it kind of "giggles" when I walk. The front of my groin is also very sore on both sides. Does anyone know what this is? Should I be concerned?
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Re: Puffy Pubic Mound & Sore Groin

Hi!! I'm having the same issue, it's so swollen and hurts too. I also had lymph nodes removed along with uterus, cervix and side wall tissue. I was wondering myself if it is from the lymph node removal or if this was from the abdominal incision ( mine goes from belly button down to top of pubic region). I go on Thursday to get the staples out so I was going to ask my doc, but maybe we can get someone on here who knows! I hope you continue to recover nicely and rest lots!
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:05 PM

I actually called my doc this past Monday because I was having pressure and swelling in my groin area. Not painful but very uncomfortable/annoying. To my surprise, doc wanted me to come to check things out. I actually had a quick internal exam (at 2 1/2 weeks) and everything checked out fine. No hematomas or varicose veins or anything to be concerned about. She said she just thought the swelling was following gravity. She recommended more water, ibuprofen, warm or cold compresses, and patience. IF you have fever, excessive pain, or bleeding, you should get it checked out. Otherwise, it is probably just a lower version of swelly belly.
Unread 05-07-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stusha View Post
I am 7 days post op from Di Vinici. Uterus, tubes, overies, cervix, and some pelvic lymph nodes all gone. Feeling great around all incision points. Been going on 20 minute walks with no problem.

Except, my PUBIC MOUND hurts badly. It is puffy, sensitive to the touch, it feels like there is fluid under the skin, and it kind of "giggles" when I walk. The front of my groin is also very sore on both sides. Does anyone know what this is? Should I be concerned?
And, remember, you said you had lymph nodes removed. Did they remove anything via your vagina? If so, then you would have been "stretched open" for a bit and that can cause swelling and tenderness. If you ever feel alarmed or concerned, call your doc and talk with her/his nurse --- they expect you to!
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:14 PM

Finally
  Quote:
Originally Posted by Stusha View Post

Finally! Someone who has the exact same symptom I have. Saw the doc last Friday for my check-up and he explained that that area had the most disseccting (I also had my lymph nodes taken out) and that is normal. I am still quite sore down there and walking too much really kicks the pain in. Nice to know I'm not a freak!...LOL Take care!
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:35 PM

I had the same feeling, at my two week appt my doc said that there is also a lot of deep tissue bruising from the robot. He said that was most likely the cause of my pain.
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:16 PM

I have the same problem..with an awful looking bruise on the mound, also a scab like sore on both sides. This sounds gross but I wondered if they open us wide open and somehow hold it open with some kind of tool.....glad I was asleep when all of that was going on!
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:17 AM

My doctor's assistant told me that it was post-op swelling and it was quite normal. She said that I could Vagisil on the outside only for itching (mine was itching like crazy. Like passing gas and holding my stomach every second I am up wasn't bad enough if people are here, now I am scratching "down there" ). I was also told to use an ice pack on it to help the swelling.

So you are not alone.

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.