getting pretty nervous and a little depressed, help!!!!! | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

getting pretty nervous and a little depressed, help!!!!! getting pretty nervous and a little depressed, help!!!!!

Unread 02-26-2002, 05:52 AM
getting pretty nervous and a little depressed, help!!!!!

Hi sisters, today is a little different from days past, for some reason I am feeling very anxious today, my surgery is not until Thursday so why am I so down? I have almost gotten all my household in order, still got some laundry to finish up, and a little more cleaning to do, I am real concerned because I haven't gotten any foods cooked and frozen for my family( I have two teenage daughters and one seven year old daughter, and my dh) He is going to the grocery to buy up some extra things they may want to eat, and I know its going to be yucky frozen food, but he can cook so I won't obcess over this one to much. I am a little scared now about the pain I will be in and am a little afraid I will get nauseous from the meds. One thing I am proud of is that I went to walmart and bought me a beautiful fish aquarium to sit on my bedside table in my room, this is the most relaxing thing , and I am sure I will need help relaxing when I get home. I bought some beautiful tropical fish, so if anyone out there wants something to help them relax, go buy you a fish tank, its really good medicine. Well I have yacked enough this morning, I always do that when I am on edge, another thing that is on my mind is finding the right hormones for my body, I already get depressed sometimes, I just hope this won't make me go crazy or nothing. lol
Thanks for reading and posting to my page, I need all the support I can get right now, this site really helps me more than I can say. And by the way, "no cold" maybe it was a false alarm, but I sure am glad. Love to you all. concerned/DJ

I am pulling out my:hair: and can't stop

:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 06:10 AM

I know it is hard to concentrate those few days before surgery. Keep thinking about the positives after surgery - no more periods etc. Make a list of those things if you need to for a reminder! Whatever you have not accomplished prior to surgery probably won't make a difference, it sounds like you have plenty of help that you can call on with older children and DH. Use them! The kids probably will be more help than you realize, and it will be good for them to experience taking care of someone. You will be up and doing some things before you know it, so take the first 2 weeks to be a . It's just a couple days away, so in addition to your aquarium, do something else nice for yourself!
Chin up! See ya on the post side!

Unread 02-26-2002, 06:13 AM
((((((((((((((DJ))))))))))))

Hi there DJ

Emotions run very high pre hyster for most of us. I was a nut case. Up and Down like a yoyo. One minute i rationalized everything and was ok the next crying like a baby and depressed.

There are so many emotions that seem to all come at once. It is hard to even understand the "whats & whys" of it all. This surgery is not just physical, it is very emotional as well. I truly feel even if you know in your mind it is "best" for us, you still morn the loss some what.

Pain: Well i can only speak for myself here. The pain was not that awful. Don't get me wrong it did hurt, but it was managed well by meds. The hardest part of dealing with the pain was getting in and out of the bed. Walking wasn't to bad ince i got started. This does get better with every passing day. Getting nauseous is very possible but they do have great meds to help with that. Also some other things can help. If you start to even feel a lil nauseous be sure to breath in threw the nose out your mouth as if you were excersizing. It helps some till you can get help with it.

Great idea on the fish tank. I had one for years and they are very peaceful.

Food: 2 teens and a hubby? Things should be fine One thing i do know "Teens won't go hungry" LOL Just tell them to help out with the 7yo

Good luck DJ and you are going to make a beautiful

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 06:43 AM

Another thing to consider is, make sure the meds you are taking after the surgery don't cause constipation! This pain was sometimes worse than the initial pain from the surgery. I agree with the previous woman about the level of pain. Once I got walking I was fine but getting up, trying to find a comfortable position to sleep and bending were definitely painful and it's does take time to recover. It has now been 6 months since my operation and the only lingering side effects for me is small cramps and still very tired. I still take naps at least three times a week. But it was worth it. It's nice not having a period anymore and my problem with precancerous cells has been cured. My kids and my loving husband were the best throughout my ordeal. They even bought me a bell to ring everytime I needed them and they were very patient with my recovery. Thankfully I have a husband that can cook! My kids are 7, 9 and 13 so I was thankful for their help around the house. I thought I would be on my feet a lot sooner than I was because I had had two previous c sections but the pain is different, just take your time with your recovery, that is my best advice. Take this time for yourself. Enjoy the fish, pick up a book, watch shows that are pure entertainment and definitely use your pillow while coughing or laughing! Good luck with everything and email me if you want to vent any of your emotions, I'm here.
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:50 AM

Hi DJ

I too am scheduled on Thursday for my LAVH LSO and I am having alot of the same feelings. I have done the same thing, getting house ready, freezing meals etc...My children are 11, 10, 5 & 1 1/2 and I'm concerned because my doctor says I can't lift my youngest for 4 weeks. That is going to be IMPOSSIBLE. I'll figure something out. Anyway, I think these feelings are probably normal since so many of us are having them. I hope everything goes well for you, it sounds like you have lots of help. I'll be thinking of you and all the other princesses who are going to the castle that day as I am too. Good luck to you!

Dawn
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:56 AM

I think we're all up and down, and I know reading the stories of others on this site was helpful to reassure me that what I was feeling was normal. Take care of yourself, and let others take care of you! And give yourself a break from expecting the house to run the way you would run it - it doesn't have to - everyone will cope and the most important thing is your recovery. Sending a big hug!
Unread 02-26-2002, 01:57 PM

HI DJ, I am also having my surgery 2/28. Good luck to you and see you on the other side. Everything will work out for all of us.
Good days are ahead for us. And remember &

Nancy

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register