Down Day for me | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Down Day for me Down Day for me

Unread 02-26-2002, 09:06 AM
Down Day for me

Hi, Went to Dr. yesterday to get results of Endo Biop. Guess the verdict is Complex Endometrial Hyperplasia. I'll have to study just what that means a little more. No cancer, YET, he says, but could be asking for trouble if I let it go, or even start hemmoraging. We are working on a date for a few weeks from now.

That is all enough to my nerves, but he gave me prog. 2 wks ago and now I've been bleeding & clotting so heavy since last Friday. I'm just soooo tired from hopping up all nite long. I've never bled like this before. I'm , I'm tired, and I feel like all the time. Thanks for all of your support and a big to all of you for what you've been through or going to go through.

Has anyone here had, or will have their surgeries in a Peoria, Illinois hospital? Maybe we are going to the same hosp. or even have the same Dr. Would love to hear from you. E-mail me if you'd like.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 09:19 AM
Down Day for me

Cindy, s!!

That sounds really rough. It's scary having to choose between two difficult options, isn't it? Why can't we just wave a magic wand and make the problems go away without surgery?

Hang in there.

Melissa
Unread 02-26-2002, 09:58 AM
Down Day for me

My doctor's nurse practitioner handed me a script for Provera (progesterone) and said take this before your next appt... and warned me I would bleed a lot worse. WELL DUH -- I decided since I was already anemic that more bleeding was not GOOD, and I just didn't take it. When I saw my gyn the next time I told her I didn't take it and she said that's OK since we are doing the hyst it didn't matter. CALL YOUR DOCTOR.. maybe you don't need to keep taking that med if you are going in for a hyst soon.
Good luck and let us know what happens!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 10:54 AM
Thanks

Hi and thank-you for your replies, Melissa and Zesty2001.

I already took the prog two weeks ago. It was 10 pills to be taken in 5 days, so I'm already committed to this heavy bleeding, I guess. It just has not affected me quite this hard before. I'm beginning to wonder if they have a pill that can make me STOP bleeding like this. Oh well. Guess the hyst will do that, but it's 2 1/2 wks off yet.

I just got my walking papers over the phone and my surgery is being scheduled for March 14. Thank goodness, if I survive this period that long. I just dropped another clot the size of NEW ENGLAND! I used to just clot heavy for 12 hours then tapper off. But this has been going on for 4 1/2 days now. Is this anywhere near normal for this (beings he said my uterus was the size of a 3-month preg.) I mentioned to him yesterday I was bleeding so heavily, but he did not comment on it. I kept thinking it would go away.

I hate to wish my life away, but I wish I were 3-months down the road from here.
Unread 02-26-2002, 11:34 AM
Down Day for me

Cindy -- I am so sorry you are suffering with this. Thanks goodness you will be done with it all soon. Hang in there!
Unread 02-26-2002, 12:58 PM
pill to stop bleeding

Now, I'm not a Dr., but, I bled for almost 2 months straight, not heavy the whole time but, not a day went by that there wasn't a splash or two, and my Dr. put me on Premarin, and after 3-4 days I've stopped bleeding pretty much altogether. I did have a rather painful nasty-asty period a week ago, and my dr. said that the premarin should have prevented it, but alas it didn't, but it only lasted 5 days, so he said to not worry, but thats another story. Talk to your and see if that would be something for you

chickadee
Unread 02-26-2002, 01:25 PM
lots and lots of tissue....

i too have that heavy bleeding now{for about 11/2 years now and passing lots of tissue] i had never had that before. and they can be really big,i feel them when they come out while i'm teeteeing. i was wondering if anyone has that clearish sometimes brownish liquid that preceeds your periods? it kinda reminds me when your water breaks at labor.sometimes i'l have that for 2-3 days.i did tell my gyn. but i don't think she said anything about it. well i am going for pre-op visit tomorrow,at 10 a.m.. and consult with the anesthesiologists. i will be at herman hospital, houston.is anyone from my area? thank you ,God for this website i can't tell you how much i've been on in the last 2 weeks!!! pamela!!
Unread 02-26-2002, 01:27 PM
premarin

Thanks ladies,

I'll give it today and some of tomorrow, then I'll call up Doc. and see if I should just keep going heavy or ask about the premarin. I feel so tired that I'll never get my house clean before 'castle day'. That has me as worried as anything

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register