ljblank-dead or alive - or just plain nuts - now I'm counting and I have 9 days to go | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

ljblank-dead or alive - or just plain nuts - now I'm counting and I have 9 days to go ljblank-dead or alive - or just plain nuts - now I'm counting and I have 9 days to go

Unread 02-26-2002, 09:08 AM
ljblank-dead or alive - or just plain nuts - now I'm counting and I have 9 days to go

I am still /newly infected with a killer sinus infection again - hopefully my last hormone induced infection (we have tracked many of them over the years) ---and I need a new antibiotic or a sinus transplant today - surgery is just about a week away, and I plan to be healthy, and hopeful,...etc------ b/c this grew through the one I am taking (so did the infection last week) - talk about anxiety--this was my life b/f I finally (5 antibiotic failures in a row later, agreed - not to surgery, mind you, but to a cat scan- which led to surgery, avoided for more than 10 years b/c of my phobia about pain – wow – the surgical pain was nothing, and I do mean a #2 on a 10 point scale, when my sinus infections and headaches were often a 13!)) - okay so much for stress and sinus infections-- - I also have to go to my gyn today to get the papers filled out for my short term disability and family medical leave (like I was supposed to know to do this weeks ago!) --and I was planning on driving to my Mass. unit tonight to work there (perhaps tonight, they close at 8pm), but definitely Wed and Thurs, returning on Thurs in time to be part of the evening kick off of a new program we are starting (my future bread and butter to return to Middletown, CT with more hours per week here, and less hours per week in MASS, promised to continue to total 40 hr/week) ...and to make matters even worse - g-d could they be...yup - thinking that I was just tired yesterday, I came home at 8:30pm after an 11.5 hour work day, leaving all of my Mass. materials on my desk, and a note on my boss’s door stating that I would be in after all in the late in the afternoon , b/c I have so much work to do with $ and insurance for my patients, ...well, I got home, driving while feeling sleepy, dizzy and sick, so using the good sense that g-d gave me at birth ( and I have been desperately seeking these past few weeks)called her ans. machine at work and said, forget the note on your door) and said , I am too sick to come in, I am going to bed, and then driving to MASS after I see my doctors tomorrow.---well, I woke up so sick this am, after sleeping 12 hours, in my clothes and makeup, that I called the doctors and changed my appointments to late afternoon ---and have yet to figure out when I am going to get the materials I need to take to MASS with me, so that I can do my work there – this is my last trip there before my surgery next week --- - could it get any worse –of course it could – this is me – they will probably put me in the hospital immediately from the allergist’s office (no not W-1, our psyc ward, but the medical ward for IV antibiotics, b/c I really can’t see them operating on me if I am this sick and infected already… hey one good thing I realized – I am not a comedy type person, but was too tired, still to find my remote and change the channel, so watched Golden Girls – and actually laughed – which of course turned into a crying thing. – but the show is funny ---I have made a note to change my re-programmed VCR upstairs from Law and Order (which I love) to Golden Girls (which I need) –perhaps all of the relaxation tapes I had running all day at work in the background, and have been going to sleep with for the past week, are kicking in ---I am thinking only of me today and the heck with the world, --I will brush my teeth, maybe comb my hair, and definitely will wash my face before I leave the house today – but I slept in non-wrinkle clothes, and you know what – the idea of even undressing to take a shower (which is up 2 sets of stairs is too much) and I am going as I am (just like in high school 32 years ago when girls made phone calls to one another late at night and said “what are you wearing” – okay – that is what you have to wear to my party next Saturday) – not of course that I ever got one of those calls, but I heard other girls talking about them – well this is my “party” – when the headache is gone, and I have had my second cup of coffee, I am putting on (the hits) I mean my shoes, and going to see my doctors…this is a good thing, or I have totally lost it! Will let you know which later. love you all for listening, and wishing you all Love, Luck and Laughter, Lynda---will report in later…
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2002, 06:54 AM
ljblank-dead or alive - or just plain nuts - now I'm counting and I have 9 days to go

Just want to say I'm rootin" for ya. You have so much going on!! Hope you feel better fast.

Keep us posted.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register