sad - Page 2 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:32 PM
sad

I'll probably set a record today for the most posts on different subjects,but what the heck..I'm going thru pre computer withdrawal,I guess..

Dearest Lissa,I know this sounds traitorous,but what I'm stressing about is not the loss of my uterus,or whatever else they relieve me of tomorrow,but the loss of time I'll have recovering..I have lost so much valuable time with the people I love all due to this organ..granted,it gave me 3 of my 5 kids..the twins came ready made,the easy way ..but my uterus and whatever else hurts like the devil in there has caused me YEARS of loss with my family..

can't go to your game,mommy hurts..can't sit up and watch that movie,honey,mommy hurts..can't go out to dinner,babe,I'm in a lot of pain..gramma cyn can't hold you right now,honey,my back really hurts...and it goes on and on and on..

my adopted twin sons(now 11) grew up seeing me mostly in bed,surrounded by pillows,hot water bottles,telling them,please,don't bounce the bed!!

I'd kind of like to alter that image.

I'm not angry at the uterus,I'm not sad..I just hope like heck to be able to lead SOME kind of normal existence..well,whatever normal is..

I think it will be so interesting to find out what I WILL be able to do,(hopefully!) instead of remembering all the things I have been held back from..

(Uterus in a can...errr,jar.. I love it )

Hang in there,Lissa..we're all thinking of each other

Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 03:44 PM
sad

Granny Moon, you sure are right. I, too, have spent too much time telling my family "Mommy can't, it hurts" and "Don't sit on me, it hurts". It is the one thing I have had enough of. I want some quality of life. Running with the kids outside and making love to my husband isn't too much to ask, is it?

JoAnn
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:49 PM
sad

I guess I felt some sadness before my tah/bso until I saw a book. It was either called "No Less a Woman" or "Every Bit a Woman" or something like that and it was in the hysterectomy section, womens health section in my library. I started reading and realized I would still be the same person (just couldn't have my own kids anymore).

I've adjusted to the no kids anymore. I have 2 already and am very thankful. At 8 weeks post-op, I'm happy to report that my recovery has been so smooth that I am fine. Mentally I feel good, too and am not having any of the issues that some women do. I do think it helps to work on acceptance before the surgery so that you can move forward and not look back on this with any regrets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 05:19 PM
sad

Hey ladies...don't laugh...we actually did have a member awhile back who had her uterus in a jar...she kept it on her bedroom closet shelf. Really! (at least she SAID she did....) (imagine being her cleaning lady straightening up one day.....)

I know that some ladies asked their doctors to photograph the "parts"...sometimes the doctors do it anyway as part of the path report.

I guess you could put the photos in an album....although I don't know who would want to see it.

If you want to see some pictures, I think www.pelvicfloor.com has some, but if I remember correctly they're pretty graphic. NOT for me.

Hang in there, gals....it WILL get better, I promise ya!!!

Karen
Unread 02-26-2002, 05:30 PM
sad

Lisa, I think about that sometime too, but I am so tired of being in pain. One thing or another always hurts during the month and the two weeks leading to my period is where my second personality comes out(my DH says I have split personalities and I think it's a great way to describe it). It's kind of weird to think that I've never really felt normal. I always thought that the little pains I've always felt which have gotten worse these last four years was normal. Now I know otherwise. I just can't wait to feel normal. I can't wait to be able to have sex and not have to take pain killers afterwards.
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:12 PM
sad

I hear that MEG!

I too felt the teary eyed pain, for my uterus. I have had it for 37 years, 24 of them with periods.

Now the era is coming to a close and I am questioning if I am still a woman without it.

I ask my hubby, yes.
I ask my best friend, Karen, yes.

After all the things I have done this week...I have realized that with or without my uterus I am a woman!

The feeling is inside me though, will I be upset tomorrow, the next day, next month, next year? I don't know...but for right now I have no thoughts of being less of a woman.

I cannot wait until tomorrow...the castle awaits!

Sara
Unread 02-26-2002, 06:39 PM
sad

I was so happy when I got my date, I practically danced out of the dr's office. I was addicted to this site, couldn't pass the computer without checking the boards, I prepared my house, my mind, I did everything a good lady in waiting should do. I wasn't going to miss my uterus, and then, when we were on the way to the hospital, I thought "it wasn't all bad, it carried my two children" then I felt really sorry about it, that passed fairly quickly and I hadn't thought about it again til I read this thread. I guess it's completely normal to mourn something that you've had your whole life, even if it has made a portion of that life miserable.
Unread 02-26-2002, 07:37 PM
sad

About a wk and a half before my TAH/BSO, my very wise daughter asked me if I had made peace with my ovaries,etc. Thinking at first she was just kidding, I brushed the question off with a laugh.Later on I thought about what she had said. Members of our family and church had been keeping me in prayer for quite some time and I was at peace with my decision about the upcoming surgery.I also decided that I'd be prepared to answer my daughter's question the next time she asked. Sure enough, about 3 days before my trip to the castle, she asked again.This time I was ready with an answer. I said, "Yes, I have. I told them that they had given us 3 beautiful children, they were always pretty much on time, and not to worry as they were not being replaced with anything else!" LOL

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register