without my mom | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

without my mom without my mom

Unread 02-26-2002, 10:32 AM
without my mom

Hey everyone...I just found this site a day or two ago, and am so thankful for it!! I posted my first tentative message, and almost immediately got a reply...what a boost !
I am writing today because I am having a down day, thinking about all that is to come up in the next 2 weeks. The biggest change coming is that I am moving my parents this weekend from here in S.C, all the way to Shreveport, LA. My mom and I have always been best friends, and that did not change even when I got married and had my own family. I will miss her terribly, esp. since I am having this surgery without her being here for support. They are moving because my dad is terminally ill, and they need the help my brother can provide. Most likely, I will not see my dad again, and I was "daddy's little girl," even when I grew up!! Perhaps it is the anticipation of this weekend that makes the pain seem worse today. Thank goodness I have an MD who is not afraid to prescribe pain pills as needed.
Anyway, I am so thankful to have all of you to answer questions, and do all the encouraging that I was planning on having my mom do for me!!
My surgery is March 13th, for adenomyosis and dysmenorrhea

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 10:47 AM
without my mom

I can imagine had sad you must feel about your Mom moving especially at this time. I Know since my Mom passed awy 4 years ago, I have had 2 surgeries and I wish she could have been there. Make sure you keep in touch with your Mom by mail and phone and send a lot of pics! Does your Mom have a computer? Maybe your Brother could set her up if she doesn't. When my kids went to college, I felt they were still close because we talk via computer almost everyday. We also bought a phone plan where they can call here anytime for only 5 cents a minute. At least if you talk often you won't seem so lonely for your Parents. I hope some of these suggestions help and i hope you have a network of friends to count on. You know you can always count on the Hyster-Sisters for support!! I found this site to be a lifesaver when I had my Hyst. I even made a close friend via the Hyster-Sisters!

Good Luck to you and your parents!!!!!

Barb
Unread 02-26-2002, 11:15 AM
without my mom

kcrohn,
Like Barb,my mom passed away almost 4 years ago,too.
I sure could have used her around for her quirky sense of humor,and encouragement for my surgery last week.
HysterSisters has really been supportive in the ways that she would have, and for that I am grateful.

It will be hard for your Mom not to be with you,too! Take time to talk to her on the phone, maybe send her flowers. She would be there if she could.
My prayers are with you re. your dad and your upcoming surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 11:18 AM
without my mom

Kcrohn, I'm so sorry about your dad, and about your parents moving away. No wonder you're in more physical pain.

Melissa
Unread 02-26-2002, 01:32 PM
without my mom

((((Kcrohn)))) My mom died 8 years ago..and sure wish she would of been here with me. I know how sad it is to have to go through something soooo traumatic and not being able to have those comforting hugs and tenderness only a mother can provide.

We'll be right her with you though.

PS - Soooo sorry to hear about your dad. I'll keep your family in my prayers.

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register