No one to help me after TAH. - Page 4 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No one to help me after TAH. No one to help me after TAH.

Unread 03-19-2002, 07:11 PM
No one to help me after TAH.

Oh my gosh...
You are made of steel. You really are.
How did the surgery go?
Knowing how incredibly active toddlers are (I have one that never grew out of that stage) those giant animal cages sold at PetsMart must look mighty tempting. And, should you be accused of child abuse, line it with fluffy pillows and add a hot cup of tea and lock yourself in there to keep everyone off of you, lol. Ouch...I have been thinking about that jump on your sore belly...you poor thing.
I have a lot of toddler activities on file if you need any ideas on how to keep them quietly amused. But you need 6 ideas an hour, or half hour. Let me know.
Let that laundry go...if anyone is coming to visit and not to help, they should be the one ashamed. If you aren't getting any help, then who cares about the clutter (except you, because mess drives me nuts as well). Get some rest, and hopefully this will improve day by day. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how you are caring for little ones and recovering. When you are well, you really ought to share your story on this website.
On the waiting list for a UAE, at a university hospital. Cannot believe Tricare will cover this... will be woman #4 from USAFA having had this done.
Get well soon! Hugs, Nina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-19-2002, 09:44 PM

Hi Joann,

I pray that each day will be sunnier and more peaceful for you. I wish I could come to help you out. I have been thinking of you as well. I am so sorry for your lack of help. Is there no one you can call on? I am a grandma, but I raised my children alone after I divorced. I know how hard it can be to care for children when you are ill. My thoughts and prayers are with you. People for the most part want to help---- I hope you can think of someone to call. God Bless you. It sounds like you are beginning to recover somewhat from your surgery-- I am happy for that. I pray that you will continue to recover.

Best wishes,
Unread 03-20-2002, 01:39 AM

The surgery went well I suppose, no complications. I'm so very glad I had it done now with a civilian doc in a civilian hospital. I am glad it is over but it is a painful recovery. I think it hurts more than my C-section but then again after the C-sec I was worried about my preemie twins and wasn't really concentrated on my pain. Every day gets better physically but only a little better. LOL I still can't get in my bed by myself or sleep on my side and all bathroom functions hurt. Those have always been my indications of recovery.

The twins were better today than my first day alone with them. I think my crying in pain for 45 mins after my little guy jumped on me scared them both into good behavior. That or dad warned them to behave or they would have to deal with him. LOL

DH says the same as you, if no one cares to offer to help then I shouldn't care about the way the house looks. Besides my immediate family calling to say they wish they could help, no one has called or stopped by to see if we were OK. I remember not too long ago seeing a joint neighborhood effort to keep my other two neighbors, who both had had hysterectomies, happy, comfortable and in large supply of dinners. My poor family has been eating out of boxes and bags for a week. I don't know, I guess it is part my fault for not trying harder to break their cirlce of steel.

I'm doing fine though, I really am. This is just one more hurdle to cross while at this horrible base in nowhere MS!

JoAnn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-25-2002, 05:28 PM

Joann,
How are you doing? I think of you and wonder and pray all is well with you

God Bless,
Elaine
Unread 04-25-2002, 06:55 PM
Non-Millitary Suggestion

May I offer a suggestion:

Go down to the bottom of your thread to where it say “Forum Jump”. Scroll the one that says, “HysterSisters in the United States of America”. Click on your state. Put a post there see what other women may suggest as helpful resources in your neck of the woods.

Pinkie
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:15 AM

Well, I made it through my 6 weeks. I am free and clear to do anything I want except for heavy lifting for another 6 months. My family was wonderful and really did a great job taking care of things for me. My DH was the best and would qualify for Husband/Father of the Year. He figured out how to cook and clean and grocery shop. He said it was a good learning experience. Recovery was long but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I did fine with no outside help.
Thanks for all of your thoughts and support!

JoAnn
TAH/BSO 3/13
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:20 AM

JoAnn! I was wondering how you were and I'm glad Elaine pulled this back up to the front of the boards again.

I am just 2 weeks ahead of you and I feel terif!! I'm sleeping better at night so I'm not as tired as I was.

Glad your hubby was so supportive! Mine was too, I totally am grateful for that blessing.

Sara
Unread 04-26-2002, 08:40 AM

Joann,
Oh so good to hear that things are going well for you. You have been on my mind lots and I just kept wondering about you.

I am so glad that DH was helpful and that the kids are doing ok with all this too.

And most of all, I'm glad you are doing well

God Bless,
Elaine

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register