Surgery tomorrow - 2/27 | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow - 2/27 Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

Unread 02-26-2002, 10:26 AM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

Hello, everyone..decided to post today because I, too,am having surgery tomorrow,on Wednesday,the 27th of Feb.

I also will not know what was done till I wake up..well,rephrase that,probably not until that night or the next morning,depending on how my brain adjusts to the pain meds

I have a mess of cysts on my right ovary,including a large septated one,which they are going to biopsy..I have 2 big cysts on my left overy,which they are going to try and salvage,and save,so I will not have to go on hormone replacement therapy..

Depending on what else they find ,they may just yank everything else out,uterus,cervix,the works..they won't know till they get in there and scan around a bit..see what's been causing me all this pain for the past 6 years plus..

I'm not nervous,as I have been in hospitals working for years,plus,my husband is a surgeon,and is going to be in surgery with me..not worried about being bored,because with the pain,I'm in bed at least 2 to 3 weeks out of most months...as far as driving, I have grown kids here,and can rarely drive with all my pain anyways..

I have no real worries,but had lots of questions about silly things,like the hospital stays,etc..am so glad I found your site...
My biggest concern is not being able to hobble to the computer and surf the net! Good excuse for my husband to get me a laptop..

I hope to be able to salvage at least one ovary,I really do..with everything else this is going to entail,I don't feel like coping with menopause...

Good luck to all of you who posted who are going in tomorrow..may we all come out of it okay,and with a good prognosis.

Cynthia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 12:27 PM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

Cynthia,
Good luck with your surgery tomorrow. Focus on how good you will feel when this is all over!! Lots of s & blessings!
Barb
Unread 02-26-2002, 12:30 PM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

Hi Cynthia. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please let us know when you get home AND feel like sitting at the computer for a "short" time....OR on that laptop (maybe)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 02:32 PM
Good luck Cynthia!

Wow what a wonderful support system you have! Personally, I'd take advantage of the situation and go for the laptop.

Best wishes!
:
Bev
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:08 PM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

I will be right there with you Cynthia! and good luck!

See you on the side!

Sara
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

Thanks to Twyla for the coolness of my very own thread!1 wow

Surgery is set for 8am,husband is out running around with a list of things I pulled from your site..like extra big underwear,juice paks,Vaseline lip therapy..

I am packing my own teabags,since the hospital rarely has decaffeinated ones..we have a little upstairs fridge and microwave next to our computer which he is trying to figure out a way to bring into our room,so I don't even have to walk down the hall when he starts back to work next week..

I have him till Wednesday,which I hope is enough time to at least recover enough and make it to the bathroom on my own..my 2 older kids work till about 6pm..if not,he's bringing me a high potty chair,like a true old Granny would use for emergencies..

thanks for the support,it really does help one keep things in focus..hopefully,I'll be back online before long..

Cynthia
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:39 PM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

Thanks to Twyla for the coolness of my very own thread!1 wow

Surgery is set for 8am,husband is out running around with a list of things I pulled from your site..like extra big underwear,juice paks,Vaseline lip therapy..

I am packing my own teabags,since the hospital rarely has decaffeinated ones..we have a little upstairs fridge and microwave next to our computer which he is trying to figure out a way to bring into our room,so I don't even have to walk down the hall when he starts back to work next week..

I have him till Wednesday,which I hope is enough time to at least recover enough and make it to the bathroom on my own..my 2 older kids work till about 6pm..if not,he's bringing me a high potty chair,like a true old Granny would use for emergencies..

thanks for the support,it really does help one keep things in focus..hopefully,I'll be back online before long..

Cynthia
Unread 02-26-2002, 05:27 PM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

I know I am posting this late, but just in case any of you 2/27 girls are checking the website, I wanted to wish you all good luck tomorrow! I will be thinking about all of you- see you on the post side!

Unread 02-26-2002, 07:01 PM
Surgery tomorrow - 2/27

Cynthia,

Best of luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you and Sara. You two are quite a pair and you'll both do just great

Remember to keep your sense of humor ... but belly laughs may not feel too good for a few days, so hold the really funny stuff for a few weeks later!

Big hugs and prayers coming your way ...

Beth

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register