HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   HysterSisters Hysterectomy > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters answers for your Hysterectomy Questions With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our forum community, get free booklets, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more. Join us today!

Is this normal? Is this normal?

Unread 05-13-2013, 06:46 AM
Is this normal?

I'm 2 weeks post op from the TLH. I still have left sided pain in just one specific area, I am still having bright red bleeding, but NOT changing my pad every hour.
I also still have that intense burning on my left side if I cough or move a certain way. It's only in one particular spot and haven't experienced it anywhere else.
Also my the skin on my pubic bone on just the left side hurts. Is this all normal or should I be concerned?
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:20 AM
Re: Is this normal?

I had a TAH so a bit different but felt many of the exact same sensations as you over the past week. I still get it a few times a day and yes when I cough. I pull a pillow to my tummy when I have to cough or sneeze.
I haven't been that worried about the pains and pings as its no unbearable just feels strange and not normal. I've chalked it up to healing which is pretty normal.
That being said, if u r experiencing excruciating pains that this would not be normal. I had two nights last week I had to take T3'S again but other than that just iboprohin.
Hope this helps 😃
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:27 AM

I'm 2 weeks post-op DaVinci Hyst. I was lucky enough to not have any bleeding post-op. Last week I started having a very small amount of brownish-red discharge (not enough to be a pad). From what my Gynecologic Oncologist told me (and her nurses) if the bleeding WORSENS or stops, then gets worse, then I need to worry and call the doctor. If your is consistent, I wouldn't worry about it too much, but PLEASE call your doctor if you ARE worried! It's better to ask and be sure!!!

As far as the intense burning when coughing or moving, I had that too. I "pulled" something (I assume a muscle that was cut during surgery) and the week after that was horrible! I couldn't sit a certain way or walk a certain way without the right side of my abdomen scream in pain. It was part of the muscles healing. It is gone now (or at least bearable to the point I don't notice anymore.)

And you mentioned the skin on your pubic bone hurts. What do you mean? Like bruised or nerve damage? I, personally, have some "nerve damage" from the surgery. The right side of my lower abdomen/pelvic bone area tingles and is slightly numb, It hurts (like nerves tingle) when I touch it, not bruised! It is also like that on my inner thigh on my right leg. I can't really tell if it is getting better or not. I may have to deal with this from now on. If this is what you are dealing with, it's nothing to "worry" about, because I don't think there is anything you can do to reverse it.
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:19 AM

The pin on my skin on my pubic bone hurts, it doesn't tingle or anything like that but it hurts, like its bruised. It is also swollen just on the left side.
Unread 05-13-2013, 10:20 AM

Pain* not pin

HysterSisters Free Hysterectomy Booklet
What 250,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy with 50 pages of information, helpful tips and hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy through an organized timeline.