Post Op Travel? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post Op Travel? Post Op Travel?

Unread 02-26-2002, 01:20 PM
Post Op Travel?

MY husband called from work to let me know his boss has given us tickets to Rio De Janero everything paid. We would leave April 25 this means I would be 7 weeks post-op. This scares me. The plane really scares me because of Sept 11th. My husband says that he will take care of me on the trip. THis trip is very nice and we would never be able to ever afford a trip like this ever and it would be just the two of us it would be like a second honeymoon for us. But, I'm very scared about leaving. Is seven weeks enough time to heal before I leave? What do some of you think? I have 9 days to go. Thank you Suzanne9
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 01:27 PM
Post Op Travel?

Hi Suzanne

My DH and I went on a cruise at 7 weeks post op. The plane ride was o.k, I just got up and walked the aisle every half hour or so. There is alot of walking at the ports of the cruise ships, but I didn't walk very far at one time and took plenty of breaks.

As long as you take it easy and don't walk too much at one time you should be o.k. Just rest and relax. By the way, I had a TAH/Burch repair.

Hope this helps
Unread 02-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Rio

I am 6 weeks post op and feel great! I get tired in the evening but if I paced myself I think I could make a trip without any problems. Of course everyone is different and I would certainly consult with your doctor before making a final decision. Best of luck to you with the surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-26-2002, 01:38 PM
what is burch repair?

i have not heard of this yet,what is it???
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:16 PM
Post Op Travel?

The burch repair is a surgical procedure done to correct urinary incontinence (sp)? The Dr. pulls the neck of the bladder up and permanently "staples" it to your pelvic bone, is my understanding anyways.

It worked !!! No more leaking when I sneeze or cough !!
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:26 PM
I would go!

We are surgery sisters and I would LOVE to think of such a wonderful trip 7 weeks post-op. I would bask in the and relax with a and I'd have no worries over the :fly: !

Bev
Unread 02-26-2002, 03:28 PM
urinary incontenence..

i have it everytime i stand up to pull my panties back on after teeteeing.its just a slight felling of wetness but its definately there. however i bleed so much from having an almost constant period i'm always wearind a sanitary pad.i guess i'll need to see a urologist next> i've even tried to really concentrate on emptying my bladder but it still happens. do those kegel exercizes really help this??? pamela

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register